Chapter Forty: A Quirk Marriage

"There you are!"

Shoto stumbled backwards as you launched yourself from the void and into his chest. He managed to regain his footing, preventing the two of you from falling to the ground.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" You wrapped your arms around him, burying your head in his chest as you inhaled his familiar pine scent. "I was so worried."

Shoto stood frozen for a moment before slowly wrapping his arms around you. "I'm sorry. I should have told you that I'd be late for lunch."

You looked up at him, worry lining your face. "Shoto... Did you..." You sucked in a nervous breath. "Did you go to confront Katsuki? Kirishima said that he saw the two of you going off somewhere."

His arms tightened around you. "So, what if I did? He shouldn't be bothering you." Shoto leaned down to press his forehead against yours. "I don't like it."

Guilt began to claw its way into your stomach. "I know that what he did was wrong, but it's not up to you to deal with him. He's my friend, Shoto, despite what he did and..." you turned your head away from his, voice shaking. "And I should be the one to deal with him."

Shoto stayed silent for a moment, his one hand going to the back of your head and pulling it down to his chest. You stayed like that, listening to his slow and steady breathing, allowing it to calm you.

"Okay. I trust you, (y/n). Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help."

Tears pricked at your eyes. Why does he have to be so perfect?

"You haven't been caught by your friend yet, right?" You nodded into his chest, swallowing your tears. "Then let's go and get some lunch. You still owe me an explanation for running off this morning. I'll do my best to help you avoid her until things are sorted out."

"Thank you, Sho-sho."

~~~

"Baku-bro!"

Katsuki turned to see his red haired classmate running towards him.

"Thank god, man! I thought you'd been hurt or something." Kirishima rubbed the back of his neck as he came to a stop beside Katsuki. "I guess there wasn't really any reason for me to worry."

"OI! Who do you think I am, Shitty hair?" Katsuki snarled. "Of course I'm not hurt! It's that half and half bastard you should be worried about."

Kirishima ignored his friends natural hostility. "Did you guys actually end up fighting then?"

"Tch, it doesn't matter." Katsuki reached into his pants pocket, pulling out a small square box. The box's simple yet delicate black design seemed out of place in his hand. He threw it at Kirishima's chest. "Get rid of this! I don't need it anymore."

"Wait, Bakugo!" Kirishima frantically reached for the box, catching it before it hit the floor. "What about-"

"Forget it, Shitty hair!" He yelled, storming off towards the cafeteria. There was no point in trying to make things up to her if there was no chance for him.

~~~

"Alright class, listen up!" Mr. Aizawa drew Class 1-A's attention. "For the next two weeks we'll be focusing on your training for the UA Sports Festival. You'll be training individually, preparing for whatever they may throw at you during the tournament."

You shifted awkwardly beside Mr. Aizawa, eyeing the students in their Hero costumes. You'd managed to avoid Nanami for the remainder of lunch, briefly explaining to Shoto that you'd spilled the beans about her crush.