Chapter Forty-Eight: A Declaration of War Part 2

You took your place in the bleachers, stretching out as you stifled a yawn. The festival was going to be starting soon. You grabbed some snacks and a cold drink from your bag, setting it down in a corner of the closed off section. Walking to the edge of the stands, you merged into the void, pulling yourself up onto the wall.

Taking advantage of the voids lack of gravity, you pushed off from the wall, gently floating up and out towards the centre of the stadium. You could only imagine how jealous everyone else would be of your perfect view. You could get as close to the action as you wanted without any risk of injury, and without worrying about interfering with the outcome of the games.

You kicked your feet in a swimming motion to propel yourself through the void, coming to a stop directly in the middle of the stadium before floating down to rest above the main stage. Good thing I'm not afraid of heights, you chuckled to yourself.

You opened a bag of your favourite chips as they started to introduce the different classes and their courses. You watched as Class 1-A emerged from their respective tunnel, all eyes on them. Some of them looked extremely nervous, and you didn't blame them.

I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with this stuff this year. You sighed. The introductions had always been your least favourite part of the event. You'd had more than enough of people gawking at you your entire life, thanks to your aunt.

"Now, the introductory speech!"

Your attention was drawn to the pro hero Midnight, who stood on the main stage, wearing an outfit that seemed far from appropriate for a school event. You rolled your eyes as most of the crowd fawned over her outfit, the students in front of her clearly embarrassed and uncomfortable. Perverts.

"Silence everyone!" Midnight attempted to calm the crowd. "For the student pledge we have, Katsuki Bakugo!"

You choked on a potato chip, your eyes going wide. I guess he did place first in the hero course entrance exams...

You watched as Katsuki made his way to the stage, hands in his pants pockets, completely at ease. He stood in front of the microphone, eyeing up the crowded stadium bleachers. "I just wanna say... I'm gonna win." His words were blunt, his expression dead serious.

Holy shit! Did he really just...

There was a resounding chorus of booing from the crowd, the other first years yelling in outrage. Katsuki remained calm as he turned back to them, giving them a thumbs down before leaving the stage.

You burst into a fit of laughter. "God, why am I not surprised?" You wiped tears from the corners of your eyes. "That's so like him."

Your breath caught in your throat, realization setting in. That's so like him? When did we get so close that I started thinking like that?  You exhaled harshly. God, my life is a complete fucking mess right now. You shook your head. Don't worry about that now, just focus on the festival and relax.

You returned your attention to the main stage. The first game had already been decided, and you listened intently as Midnight explained the rules. An obstacle race? You let out a laugh. Wow, just like when I was a first year.

That had of course been the easiest part of your own Sports Festival. Using the void, you'd been able to breeze your way through all of the obstacles, leaving your classmates in the dust. You laughed, remembering Touya's annoyed face when he realized that there was no chance of him beating you during that event.

I wonder how Shoto and Katsuki will handle it...

"Begin!"

You watched in amusement as they all rushed to the starting tunnel, most of them getting stuck along the way. You turned your attention to one of the screens, knowing that there was no way you could keep up and watch everyone if you followed along in the void.