Chapter Thirty-Nine: Uproar

"Where?" You grabbed the red head's shoulders, desperate. "Kirishima, where are they?"

~~~

"Bakugo."

Katsuki turned, looking to see Shoto following not far behind him. He figured that it was only a matter of time before Shoto approached him. "What do you want, half and half?"

"We need to talk." Shoto's face gave away nothing, his expression as stoic as ever.

"And why would I need to talk to you?" Katsuki continued to walk away.

"It's about-"

"I know who it's about, half and half."

Shoto clenched his jaw, following the ashen blond. "Then you know that we need to talk." Shoto grabbed Katsuki by his shoulder. Ice frosted along his blazer as Shoto stopped him.

"Fine," Katsuki glared back at Shoto. "But not here."

Shoto glanced around at the other students who were whispering as they walked by. He dropped his hand from Katsuki, who brushed the ice off of his shoulder. "Then where?"

~~~

"Not many students pass by here on their way to lunch." Shoto followed Katsuki outside to a hidden corner, away from the main building. It was the same place he'd brought Deku before.

"Of course you'd know about a place like this," Shoto scoffed.

"Just be happy that I haven't brought your girlfriend here yet," Katsuki sneered.

Shoto's anger boiled over at Katsuki's words and their implied meaning. A line of ice shot across the ground towards Katsuki, who used a blast to manoeuvre himself into the air and away from the attack.

"I thought you said you wanted to talk, half and half." Katsuki took a fighting stance as he landed. "But I'll gladly fight you instead."

"If that's what it takes," Shoto prepared himself for a counter attack. "Once I beat you, Bakugo, you'd better leave (y/n) alone."

"Ha! If you beat me," Katsuki grinned. "I'm the best, remember?" Katsuki launched himself forward using his quirk. "DIE!"

Shoto reached his hand out, shooting ice at Katsuki, trying to trap him. He missed as Katsuki dodged the ice with another blast. Shoto leap towards Katsuki, trying to grab him as Katsuki shot off another set of explosions.

"Enough!"

Both of them collided with a thick wall of shimmering blue, their attacks held back.

"OI! What the fu-"

Touya surrounded Katsuki in a bright blue forcefield, cutting him off. He banged against the blue walls furiously, explosions erupting to no avail.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Touya turned on Shoto, happy that he'd been smart enough to follow the two of them.

Shoto straightened himself, moving his hand to melt the ice he'd created. "Nothing that you need to be concerned about."

"Oh, really?" Touya crosses his arms, clenching his jaw. "You do realize that you were using your quirk, on school grounds, against another student, right? That's absolutely my business. I don't care what's going on between the two of you, but deal with it elsewhere. UA isn't a place to air your dirty laundry."

Shoto nodded, glancing towards Katsuki as Touya released him. "Fine."

Katsuki straightened himself, glaring at both of them. "This isn't over."

"It is." Touya spoke harshly. "If you're so desperate to fight each other, save it for the Sports Festival. You'll have plenty of opportunities then."

Shoto eyed Katsuki briefly before leaving to return to the school. They'd sort this out another time, off of school grounds.

"Whatever," Katsuki turned to stomp away, only to have another shimmering blue wall appear in his path. He spun to face Touya. "What?"

"You're not going to have any chance with her acting the way that you are."

Katsuki faltered. He hadn't expected that. "If you know so much, then what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be helping that half and half bastard?"

Touya shook his head. "Look, take it from someone who's known (y/n) for years; she's not going to go for you if you keep acting like an ass."

Katsuki clenched his jaw, trying to reign in his anger. I can't attack him. It'll jeopardize my placement at UA. "Yeah, I'm sure you know her real well," Katsuki spat. "Guess what? You don't know anything. None of you do."

Touya frowned, crossing his arms. "And what do you think you know that I don't, huh?"

"Plenty. I bet you wouldn't be able to protect her even if you did."

Touya eyes widened slightly. "You know, don't you? About her abuse?"

Katsuki's hands fisted at his sides. "So you do know. Then why the hell haven't you done anything about it?"

Touya shook his head, his blue eyes softening. "I didn't know until yesterday." He scratched the back of his head. "And she didn't exactly tell me. I kind of just put two and two together." His eyes narrowed. "Wait, why do you know?"

Katsuki turned away from Touya. "Because I've seen it happen."

"What? How?"

"Last year..." Katsuki ran a hand down his face, trying to compose himself before turning back to Touya. "After she saved me from that sludge villain, I went to go and see her in the hospital. I just happened to show up when her aunt was in the middle of..." Katsuki shook his head. "Look, it doesn't matter. She's clearly not going to do anything about it, so I guess there's not much that can be done at this point."

"There's something, we just haven't figured it out yet." Touya sighed. "Either way, give her some space. Since you kissed her, she's had a lot to work through."

"So? Isn't that good for me?"

Touya shook his head. "Fine, do what you want. I can guarantee it won't work though." Touya turned to leave, pausing. "I don't think she's told you this, but just so you know, they're engaged."

The air from Katsuki's lungs disappeared, as if he'd been punched in the gut. "What?"

"Like I said, give her some space. The sports festival is in a couple weeks. Focus on your training until then."