"I am." I yawned and threw the comforter off me, rubbing my eyes. "But I am really really tired and I need some sleep. Anyway, when did you get here last night?"

Nathan's left eyebrow quirked up. "You don't remember?"

His reply made my eyebrows to knit together instantly and it was a few seconds of me blatantly staring at him when it finally hit me.

Last night.

Daniel.

Oh no.

And that was the first time that morning I noticed my destroyed room. It would have been a miracle if someone would have been able to found anything even semi-intact in those ruins.

"Tell me what's wrong." Nathan plopped down on the bed beside me. "What exactly is happening?"

Is there any way I could forget everything from last night?

"No, it was just another bad day. Nothing more," I answered, running my fingers through my tangled mess of a hair, using at a distraction from the way Nathan's dark brown eyes were scrutinizing me.

If there was a list of people to whom it was difficult lying to, Nathan would be on the top of it. Lying to Nathan was like lying to a priest in a church. It will make you feel guilty, no matter how much of a badass you are.

"You know I could tell difference between having a bad day and looking...well..the way you did," Nathan dropped his voice an octave.

"It's nothing." I shook my head. 

Defiance was really my strongest suit, other than lying of course.

"What's his name?" I whipped my head around to give Nathan a surprised look.

"What?" 

How could he tell everything so easily? I had never mentioned about Daniel whenever I had talked to him recently, so how could he have guessed exactly correct?

"Ahaha," Nathan let out a small laugh of victory. "I was right. This is about a guy. Tell me all about him. Is he a nerd, a jock? How does he look? Tall? Is he fat? Is he smart, because let's face it, I won't like him if he's one of those too dumb to read a book. And please don't tell me he's a red head because no body likes them either. Does he wear braces because I don't know but whenever I imagine the kind of guys you would like, I always imagine them with braces?"

I blinked.

"It's like a button," I spoke after another yawn. "Press it and enjoy Nathan talking non-stop."

"Available at all Walmart outlets at only seven ninety nine," he sang in a infomercial lady voice. "So back to the topic, who is he?"

"Told you, it's no one."

"Tell me. I won't tell anyone I promise."

"It's no one," I denied again and then stormed my brain to think of something else to terminate this discussion. "And anyway, what brought you here?"

"You know a person doesn't need to have an ulterior motive to come see their favorite girl in the world," he said, acting offended.

"I know they don't but you do," I retorted, placing my hands on my hips. "Or let me take a guess. Dad thought that crazy little Norah was going off track again and to stop her from going complete cookoo, let's call over the mighty Nathan to play the role of savior."

Nathan was listening to me carefully and I thought he was actually going to reply with an actual answer but then he cracked a smile and said, "Cookoo is such a funny word."