Looks like it'll rain soon, Levi mused, the grey clouds not going unnoticed. He lifted the cancer stick to his lips and inhaled and exhaled through his mouth. He looked back down, hand dropping once again.

He leaned on the wall and heaved an exhausted sigh. The amount of sleep he'd been getting was enough for him to count due to how little it was. Countless nights just roaming the streets of Osaka, Japan and his apartment.

Levi pulled out his phone once he stuck the cigar between his lips. He went to his calendar and checked the schedule for his community service and his job as a photography assistant.

He scowled once he saw he didn't have a job for two days. His grip on his phone tightened and he released an exasperated sigh. He used his free hand to grip his silky hair to try and release his stress. He released his hair, grabbed the stick, and huffed out the smoke. "Damn it," he growled, teeth gritted together.

For Levi, he didn't have a distraction for two days. It meant that he would have to find some way to feel relieved. His grip loosened on the cigar and it fell to the ground. His gaze shifted towards it and he clenched his hand, anger boiling in him as he saw it landed in a puddle.

"This shitty ass-"

He grumbled inherent curses as he grabbed another stick and his lighter. When he went to light it, it didn't work. He pulled it away and saw that the gas was out. His jaw clenched and he threw it across the alley. "For fucks sake!"

Levi shoved the cigarette in his pocket and walked to the nearest convince store. His scowl never left his face, and that was enough for people that walked by to keep their distance from him. It helped him get there quicker since it wasn't as crowded because they kept their distance. He didn't need to push past people and hope they'd make room.

When he entered the convince store, he immediately walked up to the cashier once he spotted a tray of lighters on the counter. Levi grabbed the cheapest and placed it in front of the man. He pulled out his money and waited to hand it to the elder.

"You shouldn't smoke so much, young man," he said, checking the item out. His voice was raspy as always, as if he hadn't drunken water in a while. "I use to smoke back in the day, and oh, I really do regret it."

He glanced at Levi, who held his stoic expression, not interested in an entire life story, and someone telling him what to do. "I have very weak lungs; I'm barely making it."

The raven-haired man kept his remarks and comments, even Levi knew the limitations to his words from moment to moment. As much as the old man always nagged at him and started small talk each time he came in, he'd always just let him talk figuring he'd die soon.

The elder held his hand out and Levi glanced at the money on display revealing his total. It was about the same amount he had and so he handed it to the man.

"I smoked for eleven years. Stopped when I was twenty-five—met the love of my life."

As soon as he said those words, Levi's eyes rolled. He never believed that love could solve every problem ever. It vexed him how people spoke and acted as if it did.

The old man chuckled, catching the eye roll. His trembling hand held the money for Levi to take. He dropped it in his hands and gave a smile. "I was like that once. Believe it or not, I got cancer from all the smoking a few months after I stopped. I barely made it out alive, and used it as a chance to try and fix all my mistakes."

"I don't plan on doing so any time soon," grumbled Levi as he took the lighter off the counter and slipped it in his pocket.

"Hmm," the old man mused, giving a brief nod and a smile. "Perhaps you haven't found a reason to stop. You will soon enough. A young, handsome man like you is certain to."

Levi arched a brow, unimpressed by his words. It wasn't the first time he had heard them anyways. Every time he was there, he'd hear the same thing. "I've already told you, I'm twenty-eight," he reminded, sighing as he did.

The older laughed before coughing slightly. He chuckled softly before nodding. "I know, and you're still young enough to run, yes? If you can run, you're not old enough."

Levi didn't reply and only gave a curt nod. The man gave Levi a small nod of his head. "See you next time, young man."

The raven-haired man glanced at the older as he made his way to the door. He didn't reply as he spared one last glance at the elder who'd begun to organize the counter self.

Like that'll happen.

Once he arrived back in the alleyway, he heaved a quiet sigh. He repeated his previous actions and went back to puffing the smoke. As he did, he looked at his schedule once again, believing if he did, something would appear. 

When nothing did, he muttered a curse. He knew it wouldn't magically appear, but he still wanted to believe it would, even if it never did.

He checked the date on his calendar and stiffened when he saw it. He stared at it, not breathing nor moving a muscle, his body frozen in place. Not once had be been necessarily paying attention to the dates, even if it was on his schedules, but to see that it was two days away left him anxious.

He felt ridiculous for letting such an important date slip his mind. Guilty.

Levi stared at his calendar for a few more moments before he turned off his phone and slipped it in his pocket, shutting his eyes and exhaling sharply.

"It came by quickly," he murmured, feeling all of his energy drain once being reminded of the information.

The longer he pondered on it, the more of his vulnerability began to reveal itself. His eyes grew unfocused, as if millions of memories were flashing before him, and his tense body made it appear as if he was in distress, which he was.

His eyes closed and he collected his thoughts and remembrances. A quavering breath left his lips and he regained his composure.

"Two days..."