XXXI. Lifeline

Wonwoo and I came back at the rest house the next morning.

Yes, we spent our night together in the tree house.

But–

nothing happened.

Last night, Wonwoo decided to grant my wish. He promised to make up with Joo Young this day. I want them to fix their broken friendship. I want them to go back to the way they used to be, just like how the two of them was when I'm still out of their lives.

I am the reason anyway, so I'll be the one to help them fix it also.

"Good morning." Joo Young greeted me the moment I entered the house.

I am with Wonwoo but it's obvious that Joo Young doesn't want to talk to him so he's acting like Wonwoo isn't beside me. He's always like that, nothing's new.

I turned to Wonwoo. He's looking out of the window, obviously doesn't want to start a conversation with Joo Young also.

"Good morning Joo Young. I uh...need to get something in our room so I'll just leave the two of you here." I smiled and look at the two of them.

Wonwoo remained expressionless while Joo Young looks surprised.

"No. I'll go with you..." Joo Young blocks my way.

"It's okay. I can manage. Just stay here....with Wonwoo." I said then I immediately left the two of them.

I secretly smiled when I saw them together. I'm really hoping that they would talk to each other now that I left the two of them alone.

"Can we talk?" I flinched when I heard Jin's voice beside me.

"Jin you startled me." I said.

She smiled.

"Come on, let's go outside. The boys seemed so busy so let's have a girls talk." She said sweetly.

Before I could answer, she already grabbed my wrist, quite forceful.

When we're in the backyard already, she finally let go of my wrist.

"Do you have a boyfriend already?" She suddenly asked that caught me off-guard.

I remained silent, thinking of an answer.

Should I tell her?

"So you do have! Silence means yes." She exclaimed happily.

I flinched again because of her high pitchy tone.

"Uh...you're right." I answered, uncertain.

Uncertain if I'll tell the truth that Wonwoo is my boyfriend.

We continued to walk until we reached the lake.

"Wonwoo oppa and I were supposed to share a room last night but he suddenly went missing. I'm finding him everywhere but he's nowhere to be found." She said sadly.

Guilt suddenly run over me.

"Mina-yah, do you know where he'd been and whom he's with?" Jin took my hands and lead me closer to the lake.

"I–uh...He's..." I stuttered.

I dont know how to start and how to say everything to Jin without hurting her feelings.

"If you don't know, then don't answer." She said that gave me relief.

"So....? Who is he?" She asked, her face turning serious.

"Huh? What're you talking about?" I asked.

"Who's your boyfriend?" She asked.

I was taken aback. Just when I thought I could escape the topic, Jin exposed it more.