XXVI. Falling Deeper

"Mina, let's talk. I want to tell you everything you dont know, everything that happened to me when I'm gone. I want to know also what happened to you and what you feel when we're apart. Tell me everything and I'll listen." Wonwoo said, pulling his head away from my forehead.

I was still not in the right state of my mind after... after our mind-blowing kiss happened.

He took both of my hands in his, caressing them softly.

"Remember the day you kept me waiting?" I began.

"It all started on that day...we both promised the day before that to say what we have to say for the special day, tomorrow." I said.

He looked down and I continued.

"Wonwoo I waited for you. God knows how long I stayed under the rain, hoping for you to show up...but you never came. I was so worried that something bad happened to you that day. I dont know how to contact you, it's funny I dont even have your number...." I said and I felt him tighten his grip on my hands.

"You didn't go to school the day after that. Days and weeks had passed that I dont see your face anymore. I was so down and lost. My world came crashing down when you left me. I can never think of a way how to find you." I said, saying each word carefully.

I am just looking down all the time I was talking. I was afraid to look up and to meet his eyes.

I dont want to hurt him or to blame him. I cant stand seeing the pain on his eyes.

"Mina look at me." He said then he cupped my cheeks, making me face him.

I stared at his eyes, searching what he felt inside.

"The night you called me was...was like a nightmare for me. I'm happy I heard your voice...I'm glad you're fine, that's what I thought that time. I'm waiting for you to say that everything will be okay for the both of us but you said the words I dont want to hear and I dont ever want to hear again..." I said.

I didn't notice a single tear fall down from my cheeks. Wonwoo was quick to wipe it.

"You only used me. That's what you said. At first, I dont believe you because I know you wouldn't do that but you proved to me everything you said. You totally disappeared in my life and that's when I decided for myself. I promised to forget you. I wished everyday not to see you so I can start all over again. I believed you only ruined my life, you came and made me believe that someone truly cares for a nerd like me. I thought you're different among all of them but I was wrong. You're nothing different from them. That's what hatred makes me believe." I said. Tears continously falling from my eyes as I remembered everything.

The pain is resurfacing. The bitter memories I wished to bury suddenly came back. I thought I was over wallowing in the past but I'm wrong. I still needed a closure for what happened. Good thing Wonwoo is here with me. He'll hear everything and that's exactly what I want to happen.

I saw him closing his eyes whenever I mention the things I've suffer a lot.

"Exactly when you left, Joo Young came in. I pushed him away at first but the more I do that, he keeps on coming back. He remained by my side and eventually we grew closer and became comfortable with each other. He became a good friend, my adviser and sometimes my saviour. He helped me to....move on." I said. I almost whispered the last part.

I dont know if I saw it right but Wonwoo smiled bitterly.

"I cant believe he's really good at this." He said.

I dont understand what is he talking about but the cold and bitterness was clear by how he said it.

"Mina, tell me more. What else did he do? What else did he say for you to believe?"