II. What he feels towards her

Feeling everything around me spinning, I tried to search for anything close to me for support. Good thing I managed to hold on the edge of the table before I fell on my knees.

Blood starts oozing from my nose as I started to feel really dizzy. My eyesight fails to give me a clear view of the scene in front of me and I think this is too much for today.

That's when I opted to close my eyes and let the world decide for my fate today but just when I was about to do it, the cafeteria suddenly fell into silence.

I was close to believe that I wasn't in my right mind already because it was almost impossible for these students to stop whenever they're picking on me. I am their favorite indeed.

I was about to look up when I saw Joo Young suddenly fell on the ground, a loud crash came after making me flinch.

No one dares to speak as I look around. No wonder why the cafeteria fell into silence. Everyone was shocked to see Joo Young lying on the floor kinda helpless.

I stare at the people above me, they were all looking at the other side of the room and when I turned to look, I saw him.

Jeon Wonwoo.

Our eyes met for a second and somehow... I felt like I was saved. But it didn't last long when he switched his glance with all the people around me. They all look down faster than the lightning's strike, acting so innocent and uninvolved.

I saw how his chest dangerously heaves up and down as if he's on his last nerve. His eyes shows no mercy as he eyed Joo Young from where he is.

"Everyone has the freedom to do what they want to do today huh? How about we play a little game for a thrill?"

He slowly walk towards Joo Young before pulling his collar close to his face. They were looking at each other's eyes intensely like they understand one another through their gazes. No one is brave enough to interfere with their fight.

Joo Young looks pressed. It shows when he clenched his jaw and aggressively tried to get away from Wonwoo's grip.

"Trust me, you wouldn't like any of my games Jeon." Joo Young smirked.

"Trust me, you wouldn't like to play games with me Kim, but nevermind... you never won anyway." Wonwoo shook his head, smiling before letting go of Joo Young.

"Fuck you." Joo Young hissed, looking like he'll burst out any minute.

"It hadn't been so long since you take orders obediently from me and now look you're acting so mighty tho you know it yourself that you will never be me. You will never beat me, you may be the Kingka but you will always remain secondary in my eyes." Wonwoo confidently spat the words in Joo Young's face.

"The next time I see you picking up on her, I'll put you back where you belong. I bet you wouldn't want that, so let her have peace in here. Do you hear?" He warned him.

"This ain't over yet Jeon. You'll come begging to me as I watch you eat your words and guts someday." Joo Young warned back, making me feel like I was part of the threat.

With the last glance he handed Wonwoo, he turn to look at me. His stares were cursing death upon me and I had to blink a few times to recover my breath.

After Joo Young went away, the crowd fades out, giving me relief.

Alone at last, I let out a sigh and lean tiredly at the wall behind me.

"Don't worry, he won't bother you anymore." I gasped when I saw Jeon Wonwoo sit beside me.

I didn't answer that's why he continue staring at me. That made my heart beat multiply. It was beating too fast and loud that I'm scared he might hear them.

"Here. I think you need to clean those bloods before it gets dry." He handed me a pack of tissue.

My shaking hands accepted it anyway.

I can feel his gaze at me while I struggle to open the pack of tissue he gave me.

As I was doing so, I asked myself. Should I trust this guy? What if he's just like Joo Young?

I then look up at his face and remember how he used to treat me before. How come he's changed? What can he get from helping me? Nothing.

Just like that, I hand him back the pack of tissue and stand up to leave.

"Hey..." I heard him get up and go after me, but before he could grab my arms again I turn around and face him already.

"I'm grateful for your help but I don't want your company." I told him once and for all before totally walking away. I then closed my eyes, wishing this will be the end of my misery.