XXIII. Marking Territories

Today is somewhat different compared to my everyday morning.

The first thing I ever did when I wake up is to smile.

Everything seems so bright and wonderful.

I still cant take off my mind what happened yesterday.

She didn't rejected my touch. She let me hug her. I cant believe it. It felt like a dream.

My heart feels so light, as if someone is starting to pull out the thorns pricked in it one by one.

She's really what I need to complete me. She's the only one who can fill the missing fragment in me, in my heart and in my life.

I went out of my house, still smiling.

I feel like walking to school today. I dont want to use my car. I just want to simply walk.

I stop for a moment when something crossed my mind.

What if I stop by at her house to pick her up so that we can go to school together?

Right. I will be happy if she's the first person I'll ever see.

I was on my way to Mina's house when someone blocks my way.

"Oh! It's you!" The woman said.

I immediately remembered her face. She was the woman I helped with the snatchers, the other morning.

I smiled and bowed at her.

"You were living near here?" She asked.

"Uh, not really. I was just passing by to fetch my girlfriend." I said.

Yes I know, I'm silly. She's still not my girlfriend but I know she will be...soon.

"Oh, I see. Did you already eat for breakfast?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Good, why dont you just come in my house to grab some breakfast. It's still early, I know your girlfriend is still not prepared yet." She said with a teasing tone.

I just scratch my nape, thinking of ways to refuse. But it's too late, the woman already drag me along with her.

She's so warm. I remembered my Mom with her. But I'm still thinking where did we met, before I ever helped her. She still looks so familiar to me.

We stopped by a big house.

My eyes widen in shocked.

"Come in and feel at home." She said and smile then she opened the door.

It cant be.... How can they be related?

This is the place I am actually heading to - to Mina's house.

I step inside and wander my eyes around the house. The place is nice and clean.

My eyes settled in a picture frame.

This woman is with Mina in the picture.

She is Mina's mom??

"By the way, she is my daughter." She said.

I turn to her and saw that she's already looking at me. Maybe she noticed that I was staring at the picture frame.

"Her name is Mina. I think she goes at the same school with you. Are you studying at Sekang University?" She asked.

I nodded.

It's confirmed. She is Mina's mother. Now I know why she's very familiar. I remembered where I saw her but that scene wasn't really good. She was fighting with her husband at that time. I'm wondering if she and Mina get along together now.