VI. Giving up my place for you

“Shoot wake up!” I said while panting. I cupped her cheeks.

“Mina.” I called out. I am trying to shake her face slightly.

Drops of water are dripping down on her face from my hair.

We are both so wet. Good thing, I know how to swim so I managed to save her.

I checked her pulse and breathing. Her pulse is too weak that I can't feel it anymore but she’s still breathing.

She looks so pale. I stared at her plain face with a panick feeling stinging inside me.

“Please, wake up… open your eyes.” I said, shivering at the cold wind touching my skin.

My voice is shaking and I'm dying here in coldness.

My gaze went down on her lips.

“Please breathe after I did this.”

I opened her mouth then I pressed my mouth on hers. I'm resuscitating her, hoping she’ll gain consciousness if I did.

I hope this will work… I can give her all my oxygen if needed, just to keep her alive.

I started to pump her chest so she can able to bring out all the water she gain from drowning.

I repeat the whole process again and again until she finally throw up all the water.

I sighed, feeling relieved that she’s conscious now.

She keeps on coughing so hard but she’s not opening her eyes yet. She’s still adjusting and composing herself.

Being drowned is a no joke. She almost died there.

I moved away a little bit from her.

I stood up while breathing so hard. I'm gulping for air now.

It’s my turn now to scold her for her mistake.

“Yah! What are you thinking? Do you really want to die huh nerdy?” I yelled and she flinched in her place.

I can't control my anger this time.

She didn't answer. I brushed my hair in confusion.

“What the hell is running on your mind that you would seriously jump on that bridge huh?! You’re already dead now if I didn’t came to save you.” I lectured but she still had no response.

I saw her freezing on her spot then soon I heard her sniff.

“Death is not a solution for your problem nerdy.” I said.

“Why? Why did you save me?” She asked that shuts me up.

Why did I save her? I could just let her die if I wanted to but why?

“I'm not that bad to let you drown in the water. Just be thankful ‘cause if not, you would probably be a great conscience to me.” I answered.

“You should just let me drown. You should just let me die. Besides, no one will care if I'm gone.” She said with no emotions. She’s not looking at me also.

“Stop saying that.”

“If you didn't save me then I'm already dead by now. If I'm dead, then I had no things to think about again. What you did just brings back all my problems.” She said.

Her eyes were full of pain. Hurt evident on her eyes.

I kneeled down in front of her. I lift up her chin then I took her specs in my pocket.