XXIV. Can't let go

I was inside my room, thinking. It's already midnight but I cant sleep.

I still cant forget the fight that happened between Wonwoo and Joo Young earlier.

Its hard to see them fighting in front of me. Both of them are important in my life and losing one of them will surely be painful.

Joo Young is an important friend of mine. I owe him my life. He saved me when I was lost. While Wonwoo is a very special person for me. I want to be with him always. It's like nothing else matters when I'm with him.

I was back in the reality when my phone dinged.

There was a text message saying: 'Look out at your window.'

The number is unregistered but I did what is written in the message, I looked out at my window.

After a few seconds, I saw a heart-shaped purple balloon. It flew and stop by in front of my window.

I cant help not to smile when I read what is written in it.

'HOLD MY HEART AND FALL FOR ME AGAIN.'

I walked in it's direction and I bring out my hand to reach for the balloon.

Who sent this?

It's already midnight. Who will care and bother to send me like this right at this time?

"Hey." Someone said.

I immediately look down to see who's there.

"Wonwoo?" I whispered.

He just gave me a smile.

I closed the window to keep the balloon inside then I gently creep out of my room and carefully went down.

Mom is already sleeping. I dont want to wake her up and worst, I dont want her to see Wonwoo here at this time.

She dont know him. She might think bad about us once she finds out.

I opened our main door and saw Wonwoo standing a few steps away from me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just want to see you." He answered then he went towards me.

When I can see his face clearer, I gasped.

"Oh God! Are you okay?" I asked when I saw the bruises on his face.

I knew that Joo Young did it. But I didn't notice his face earlier when they fought. I never thought that it could be this worst.

I went nearer to touch his face. I was so worried that I cant hide it anymore.

I was checking his face when I noticed him staring at me.

I look at him also and our eyes met. I suddenly get drown just by looking on his eyes. I cant look away now, I feel like he's dragging me to stare longer.

"Are you worried?" He asked. He was still staring at me.

I nodded.

It's the truth. I was so worried. He just walked away this morning and he didn't show up again all day.

"Dont ever hurt yourself again just to fight against Joo Young. Please promise me." I said.

He didn't answer. He just stared at me.

Because of that, I looked down. I was about to take my hands away from his face when he suddenly grabs it back. He placed my hands again on his face with his hands on top of mine.