XIX. Heartache

Wonwoo's Pov:

"Im calling our agreement off." Joo Young said seriously.

"What do you mean?" I asked, showing no interest in whatever he was saying.

After a long time, he came here again. We meet again.

"Forget what I've said. Im taking it all back now." He said as he heaved a sigh.

It's about the game we're both dealing.

I dont understand why he's acting so strange today. Being good is not just his nature.

"What made you change your mind?" I asked.

"I will give you your freedom Wonwoo." He said and my eyes went wide open.

"What?" I asked unbelievably. Is he serious?

"Dont you want it? You'll be free. You've been locked inside this room for so long...it's time to go out now." He stated.

The first thing that crossed my mind at the thought of being free is to go to Mina.

"Why did you suddenly change your mind? Is this another trap? What are your conditions in exchange of my freedom?" I asked suspiciously.

I know him too well. He's not a saint who would just forgive and forget everything that happened in a blink. He wont offer something that wont give him benefits.

"Im not asking too much. I just need one thing...uhm...someone." He said.

My heart instantly throb faster, unstoppable.

"I want Mina." He revealed directly at me.

My heart shuttered at his condition, making me close my eyes and suppress the forming anger inside me.

"That's too much. You know how important she is to me." I said.

"That's what I feel also. She's so important to me now that I cant imagine myself living without her. I want her so badly and I know I can have her if I will pursue her more." He said that totally flared the burning rage inside my chest.

My blood is going its way to my head but I have to be calm right now.

All I could do is to clench my fist at this moment.

"Fine. You can have her." I said, surrendering.

He looks surprised but I averted my gaze downwards.

It's not easy to give her away. It hurts like hell. Why did he have to stole everything I have..? even her. Why did he want to have the person I love?

He smiled genuinely. It's the smile I haven't seen for so long.

I became suspicious suddenly. He's really serious?

I felt a pang of jealousy when I knew that he seriously likes Mina. The thought of her together with other guy makes my blood boil with envy and jealousy, especially when the guy will be Joo Young.

"You like her?" I asked, trying to swallow up the forming fear in the back of my throat.

He nodded and said, "I like her and Im willing to fight for her even if it costs my life." He stated firmly, making me froze.

F*ck off!

"If that's what you feel, then fight for her." Let's just see who'll win...

I wanted to add but I didn't say it. I have my plans. I have to think, I wont let my emotions overpowered.

"Great. It's over now, we're done here Wonwoo. You're free now." He said and after that, I walked past him and went towards the door that is already unlocked now.