XXXV | A Stab Through His Heart

Next morning, Isabelle was woken up by Camila's phone call. She groggily reached for her phone. She picked up the call and said "Hey".

Then she heard Camila's say seriously, "Izzy, don't tell me you're not fully awake? Don't forget that you have a scene to shoot in late afternoon. I'm about to reach York Garden. You'd better hurry up, or you won't make it on set."

Isabelle instantly woke up, hung up the phone, and hurriedly ripped the sheets off herself. When she got off the bed, she realized that her whole body felt weak and in pain. Then, images of her and Alexander together last night suddenly came back to her. She subconsciously looked around the room. It was completely empty; Alexander was long gone.

If it weren't for the exhaustion, yesterday could've been a dream she'd made up.

As she was in a rush, Isabelle didn't have time to think about her pain and suffering. She hurriedly ran into the shower and turned it on. Just as she was about to wash her hands, she suddenly stopped, stunned. She looked at her left hand—it was unexpectedly covered in blood.

The blood was already dried up and dark in color.

Where did it come from?

Isabelle was so shocked, she turned slightly pale. She stared at her own fingers for a while. Without caring about the running water in the shower, she ran out of the bathroom. She walked over to the bed and pulled open the sheets. There, she saw that Alexander's half of the bed, the snow white bed sheets on which he'd lain yesterday, had striking red patches.

Isabelle then looked over to her left hand, and wrinkled her eyebrows at the memory of grabbing onto his shoulder yesterday...

In her heart, she felt a as though she was brutally hit. Her face was so pale, it was almost translucent.

Alexander was injured? What's more, it seemed pretty serious...

Madam Mary had prepared breakfast a long time ago. After seeing Isabelle come down, she immediately stopped cleaning the china and asked with a smile, "Madame, would you like some breakfast?"

Isabelle shook her head and walked towards the entrance. As she changed her shoes, she realized something. Lifting her head, she rushed to ask Madam Mary, "What time did Mr. Smith leave in the morning?"

"It wasn't even 6 am. Not long after I had woken up."

Isabelle nodded and asked again, "Did he look a bit off?"

Madam Mary thought back and said, "Nothing off in particular... However, Mr. Smith's complexion wasn't great. His lips were a little pale."

Isabelle slightly crossed her hands, pursed her lips, but didn't say another word.

After a while, Madam Mary asked, "Madame, did something happen?"

Isabelle shook her head and pushed the door open to leave, smiling at Madam Mary.

Camila was already at the entrance of the villa's courtyard, waiting for her. Isabelle opened the car door and sat in. Camila started up the car, jabbering relentlessly about just how late she woke up. Mid-sentence, she saw the red kiss marks all over Isabelle's collar and said with a "tut tut tut", "No wonder you got up so late... so someone exerted themselves last night!"

Isabelle's mind was filled with the blood on her hand and bedsheets. She wasn't at all in the mood to bother with Camila's teasing. She just raised an arm to pull on her collar, then turned her head and looked out the window.

Camila looked at Isabelle's eyes and asked, "What's wrong? In a bad mood?"

Isabelle still didn't say a word, and so Camila didn't bother talking either, turning on the music in the car.