XXXII | Sowing Seeds of Hatred

Start from the beginning

"We bumped into each other at a charity event the week before last. We exchanged numbers, got talking, and we felt like we both got along quite well, so we started dating," Sophia said in a light-hearted tone.

"But a while ago, didn't you say that you liked Alexander..." Isabelle genuinely cared about Sophia, but she also wanted to know how she actually felt about Alexander.

When Sophia heard the word, "Alexander", she thought back to the image of her being rejected by him not so long ago. Immediately, she pursed her lips and interrupted Isabelle. "He said he has someone he likes, and that person isn't me. If the love from one is unrequited by the other, why should I waste any more time on him?"

When Sophia said that, she paused for a moment, then asked, "Izzy, do you know who Alexander likes?"

Isabelle shook her head.

"Forget it." Sophia smiled with an attitude as though she didn't want to talk about it. She then said candidly, "They're all waiting to go back to playing games. Let's talk about it if we have some time later."

When she finished speaking, Sophia headed straight for the cubicle and closed the door.

~*~

Annabelle spent her day frightened and on edge. Yesterday, she was furious when she cut Isabelle's swing for her shoot. In the end, she was fine, but in a fit of rage, Alexander asked the director to investigate the issue.

The crew who worked on the swing knew she was over by the shoot's place at the time. To make sure it wasn't traced back to her, she spent a lot of money to buy their silence. She also agreed to sleep with Producer Johnson a few times in exchange for his help in speaking with the director to cover the truth.

The more she wanted to crush Isabelle, the more bad luck she found herself in. Her mood was indescribably bleak. Just now, she was only in the restroom for a smoke to calm her terrible mood when she unintentionally overheard the conversation between Isabelle and Sophia.

So... Sophia likes Alexander?

Whether Alexander actually liked Isabelle and if there was anything between them at all - Annabelle wasn't entirely sure. But one thing she was sure of now was that Isabelle filled her insides with a burning rage, so she really did not want for Isabelle to ever rest easy.

So Annabelle walked out from her cubicle, stood in front of the sink, and quietly waited for Sophia.

Sophia came out quite quickly. Was she really form a noble family, why did she look so high class?

Through the reflection in the mirror, Annabelle looked Sophia up and down. The other woman finished washing her hands and was about to dry them with the paper towels when Annabelle called out to her, "Miss Davis."

Sophia turned her head and shot Annabelle a friendly smile. "Excuse me, can I help you?"

Annabelle's personality had always been frank. She didn't go around in circles with Sophia but said frankly, "Miss Davis, don't you just want to know who Alexander likes?"

Sophia's eyebrows creased, but she didn't say a word.

Annabelle's lips twitched and she smiled at Sophia. "I don't know if you usually check the web's hot topics and have seen what was there a while ago... Your sister and Alexander made it to the top most searched. She went to Alexander's room late at night and didn't come out until quite a few hours later."

Sophia was always smart. After hearing Annabelle's words, she knew what the actress really meant. The corners of her lips rose, and she gave her a dazzling smile. She kept up her noble manners and eloquently said, "In your entertainment industry, just how many of your news are real? They're all a bunch of groundless rumors. As for my sister, I know her better than you."

"Then how are you so sure that the person Alexander likes isn't Isabelle?"

Sophia faced Annabelle's question with her curved, light-hearted smile, staring closely at Annabelle for a while. She opened her mouth and asked the actress in return, "If I'm not wrong, you're Miss Annabelle right?"

Annabelle blinked but didn't say a word.

Sophia kept up her high class manners, but the words she continued to say were nothing but ruthless, "Miss Annabelle, though I may not be in the entertainment industry and don't really care for matters within it, nevertheless, Isabelle is my sister.

"As for her matters, I know little about them. You're shooting a TV series together right now, and you were originally the second female lead, right? Then my sister stole the role... Based on that point alone, whatever you say to me, I will always think that you have some ulterior motive. You and I have met by chance, a one-off chance meeting. Please, tell me what makes you so sure that I would believe you over my sister?"

When Sophia finished speaking, she gave Annabelle an elegant and gentle smile. She said, "If you'll excuse me..," then turned to leave the restroom.

"Miss Davis, there's just one more thing you're probably unaware about. Last night, Isabelle was in an accident on set. She fell from a swing and Alexander didn't hesitate for one second to jump over to catch her. He even sent her to the hospital. Because of her, he was in a fit of rage and fired all of the stage prop crew!"

Though what Annabelle said was true, she wasn't sure if what Alexander had done was all for Isabelle. Nevertheless, to drive a wedge, Annabelle immediately spoke with a confident tone, as well as jealousy at the situation.

At those words, Sophia's footsteps slightly paused for a moment.

Alexander and Isabelle had known each other for many years. Though it looked like they were not close, but Isabelle was James's wife, and Alexander was James's brother.

If Isabelle was really in trouble, it would be normal for Alexander to save her.

Sophia turned her head and looked into Annabelle's eyes with a slight hint of anger. "Miss Annabelle, I don't care about whatever kind of motive you have today, but let me tell you clearly, don't even think about trying to pick at Izzy and my relationship with her.

"There's nothing more important in this world than my sister. Moreover, let me warn you, I will not argue with you this time, but if there's a next time... If I find out that you have mistreated Izzy, other people might not argue with you, but I, Sophia Davis, will definitely be the first to stand up to spend all my effort to exile you from the entertainment industry. Don't think I'm just playing either. The Davis family really has the ability to do this!"

Sophia's words crushed Annabelle with their frankness and ruthlessness. Her face grew troubled and awkward.

Sophia gave a gentle smile, turned around, and stomped elegantly away in her heels.