An exploding day at the museum

Hey Guys,
It's been a while, I know. I've been very busy this vacation. But today's Percy's birthday!!
Happy Birthday Percy!!! And also happy anniversary for Percabeth.
This isn't one of my best, but here's the oneshot.

Annabeth POV

Today was going to be a good day. No quests, no monsters just Percy and me with his family.
"Percy! Annabeth! We're going!"
"Coming!"
Percy and I yelled at the exact same moment. We were just tying our shoes and taking our jackets.
Sally had come up the wonderful idea of going to the Historical Museum with all of us, as a family trip. Of course Percy has whined about it: 'Why a museum?! Why not an aquarium?!' But he liked the idea of going on a trip with the people he loves.
Percy and I sprinted down the stairs and were met with a waiting Paul and Sally, who was carrying baby Estelle.
"Ready?"
She asked. We nodded.
"Weapons? Ambrosia?"
Percy patted his backpack with the ambrosia in it and let her see Riptide. I just nodded. Ever since the Giant war Sally had been even more overprotective about us. It's a bit annoying at times but who can blame her? She just doesn't want to lose us.
Percy took his little sister from his mom and started making weird faces at her. The little three months old started giggling at her big brother. In the corner of my eye I saw Sally and Paul smiling at the two and I couldn't help but think that they're so an adorable family. I'm so glad I have them.

ΩΩΩ

We were just wandering inside the  museum when we saw something suspicious. Paul and Sally had gone to another floor while Percy, Estelle and I stayed at the Greek exhibition. Percy had his arm around my waist while I held Estelle to my chest.
After half an hour Percy suddenly tensed. I frowned at him.
"What's wrong, Perce?"
He pointed to the abondanded room around us. No mortals to be seen.
'This isn't good'
I thought.
'Not good at all'
I didn't even had the chance to say my thoughts out loud when we heard a deathly growl from behind us. I whipped around and immediately pressed Estelle closer to my chest. Two pairs of glowing red eyes stared right back at us.
"Go!"
Percy said.
"What!?"
He didn't really mean that right?!
"Go! Get Estelle in safety!"
"I'm not leaving you behind!"
He was about to say something when the first one attacted. He pushed me out of the hellhounds reach and attacked it. I hesitated for a second before running out of the room. I had to help Percy! But first Estelle. I had to find Paul or Sally.
I ran up the stairs trying to remember where they went to. Just when I was about to enter a new room, something stopped me... A scent of smoke filled my nostrils. Frantically I looked around.
Left: nothing
Right: again nothing
In front of me: Nope nothing
That only left...
I turned around slowly, holding Estelle closely to my chest.
Flames started to make their way up the stairs I just came from. How did I not notice it sooner?!?! I ran through the room, the farthest away from the stairs and tried to think of an escape plan.
I couldn't go back that way. That was obvious. But I had to get out of this building. Maybe an other staircase, or just some random window would be fine.
Right then the floor moved. I fell on my knees and pressed Estelle closer to my chest. By now she had noticed something was wrong and started crying. A loud cracking noice filled my ears. That only could mean 2 things:
the fire had managed to burn away some of the wooden parts of the building  (it's an old building) or Percy had done something that had made the staircases collapse.
Although I hoped it was the second one, something told me it wasn't.
I stood up and kept running and running until I passed another staircase. A part of it was blocked by a piece of the collapsed ceiling and the stairs looked like they would collapse every second. I checked the ceiling and the other rooms. They didn't look much better.
Cracks started to spread through the walls up to the ceiling and the floor was shaking slightly. All signs an architect recognises as a fragile construction. In other words: the building had a high chance of collapsing or worse. If the fire would reach a gas pipe, the building would explode and that wasn't really my version of a happy ending.
I looked back at the partly destroyed staircase.
If I want to get down there, I have to use both of my hands, which is impossible since I have Estelle unless...
I knelt down on the ground and laid Estelle on her back. I took my scarf from my neck and unbuttoned my shirt.
Sally had shown me how to use a scarf as a baby carrier last week. If I could 'bind' Estelle to my chest and put my shirt back on, she would be more save and I could use both of my hands.
I started tying the scarf like I remembered Sally doing it and put Estelle in it. I tied one last knot and checked if she was save.
As save as I can get it
I buttoned my shirt and stood up. This should be easy, just a half destroyed staircase with flames burning away some parts inside a building that can collapse every minute and a baby tied to my chest... not hard at all