Home again

Percy and Annabeth are 21 and married. Annabeth goes to college in New York and Percy works by the Marine. Percy has been on his base for over 6 months now and decided to surprise Annabeth. They're demigods.

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth"
I turned around and saw my precious seaweedbrain standing right in front of me.
"Percy!"
I shouted and sprinted towards him. Just before I reached him, he fell on his knees, a sword sticking out of his belly and his T-shirt drenched with blood.
"No! Percy! No"
I fell on my knees next to him and put his head gently in my lap. Tears escaped from my eyes. "Percy...Please"
My voice broke. Percy put his hand on my cheek and I leaned in his touch.
" Wi-Wisegirl, I lo-love y-you"
His eyes rolled back and his chest stopped moving.
" No"
My voice cracked. "NOOOOOOOO!"
I started crying.
" No...no Percy... p-please...please.."

My eyes shot open and my breath hitched . I searched for the person next to me but then realised that Percy was away. He left 6 months ago with the Marine. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again but it didn't really work. I missed him so much and the nightmares only became worse and worse. I wanted my seaweedbrain back. I needed him so much. But I had to wait at least another 3 months until he could come back home to me.

——————breakline——————

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. I sighed and reached for my alarm. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. It was cold without him next to me. I sighed again and started preparing myself for school. About half an hour later I stepped in my car and drove to school. In the hallway I saw my friend Layla waiting. She was my best mortal friend, I guess. She had short brown hair and dark brown-almost black- eyes. Next to her stood her boyfriend Louis and his twin brother Kyle. They both had dark blond hair and blue eyes. The only difference between the two was that Kyle was a bit shorter than Louis.
"Hey Annabeth"
Layla said. She gave me a joyful smile.
"Hey Layla"
I tried to return the smile but it wouldn't come. Louis and Kyle didn't see it or just didn't said anything about it but Layla looked suspicious. She turned to her boyfriend, gave him a peck on his cheek and said: "Anna and I have to do something but you guys can go already. We see you in a few minutes."
Then she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the toilets.
"Spill"
Worry was written across her face. I sighed. Wow I did that a lot since Percy was gone.
"It's just that- I miss him. A lot. He's already gone for six months. It's just ... too long."
My eyes started tearing up but I refused to cry in front of Layla. She wrapped her arms around me and said: "Can't you call him or something? I'm sure he misses you too. Probably as much as you do."
I shook my head.
"No, he is on a mission so he can't use his phone or write a letter." Layla nodded. She knew that Percy worked by the Marine and had to go on missions sometimes. But she didn't know about the whole demigod issue. I was worried that maybe some stupid sea monster would attack him and he wouldn't be able to kill it. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and tried to think positive. He will come back. "Come on, the boys are waiting."
I gave her a small smile and followed her to the gymnasium where the headmaster would speak to us. Ow yeah I forgot to say. Today a few soldiers from the armies would come to speak about their job and studies. They're the same age as us and the headmaster thought it would be great to hear their stories. So now we would sit in the gymnasium for 2 hours listening to some soldiers about their daily life. It's not that I dislike soldiers. Hades no, Jason is a captain in the airforce, Frank in the army and of course Seaweedbrain in the Marine but it just remembered me of Percy and how I missed him. I waved goodbye to Layla and walked to the side of the stage. Our headmaster, Mr.Davies, had asked me if I wanted to help him with welcoming the guests and show them around in our school. Mr.Davies walked on stage and started talking to us. I didn't listen(My thoughts were with Percy)But then I heard something that caught my attention.
"Please welcome, Captain Zhang from the army"
Everyone clapped and a big Canadian baby man stepped on stage. It was Frank. I was surprised. I thought Hazel had said that Frank wouldn't return until a few weeks but you never know maybe it was just coincidence. Frank started talking about his work and answered the questions of the students and Mr.Davies. When he was done Mr.Davies started talking again.
"Thank you Captain Zhang. You can go to miss Jackson. She will give you and the other soldiers a tour in our school."
Frank turned and noticed me for the first time.
"Annabeth?"
He asked and started running towards me. I did the same and enveloped him in a hug.
"Hey, Frank. Long time no see, Isn't it?"
"yeah, how are you?"
I sighed (again)
"I'm fine, I think. Just missing Perce."
"Euhm miss Jackson?"
I turned to Mr.davies.
"Yes, sir?"
"Do you know Captain Zhang"
I nodded and Frank said:
"Yes, Mr.Davies. Annabeth and I are friends."
"Ow good. Now we're moving on to our next guest. Please welcome Captain Grace from the airforce."
I looked at Frank.
"Jason?"
He nodded. I rolled my eyes.
"I should have seen that coming."
He grinned. Jason started talking and winked when he saw me. Not to flirt!! Just to say 'hello'. And it seemed like he knew something I didn't knew.I turned back to Frank.
"Did you know he was coming?"
He nodded.
"Yeah, your headmaster asked us if we wanted to speak so we got free early. And he wanted to surprise Piper."
I smiled.
"And you had the same idea for Hazel?"
He blushed.
"Well yeah, that was my plan."
The moment Jason was done, he went over to us and hugged me tight.
"Hey Sparky"
I greeted him.
"Hey owl face"
Before I could react Mr.Davies interrupted us.
"Let me guess, miss Jackson. You know Captain Grace too?"
"Yes Mr.Davies. He is also a friend of mine."
He smiled and went back to talk to the students.
"Now before I will tell you who our next guest is, I would like to call Miss Jackson on the stage, please."
I was confused. I gave Jason and Frank an asking look but they just shrugged so I slowly walked to Mr.Davies. I was about to ask why in the gods' names I had to stand on the stage when he started talking, again.
"So now Miss Jackson is here I can start with welcoming our next and last guest. Please welcome, Captain Jackson from the Marine!"

That was mine first real oneshot. Hope you liked it!!
~Percabethwisegirl