Singing

This is more an Annabeth oneshot. There is a talent show/concert in CHB and the girls wanted to perform too. Piper, Thalia, Reyna and surprisingly also Annabeth decided to sing together.

Malcolm's POV

Hi everyone. Tonight is CHB's first talent show/concert and I'm really excited. I knew there were a few talented kids at camp but I didn't expect this many participants.

Annabeth and I were standing next to the stage while Drew and a few others from the Aphrodite cabin danced. The judges, better known as Leo, Katie, Will and the Stolls( I really have no idea who's idea that was), were sitting in front of the stage at the judges table. I looked at my clipboard with all the names on. Next up came Lacy.
I looked at Annabeth and saw her fiddling with her micro(that was taped to her cheek) and her earpieces. Her clipboard laid abondant on a box. I didn't know why she didn't want a headset just like me but I learned long ago not to ask her too many questions.
She seemed restless, maybe even stressed.
"Hey Annabeth?"
She looked up at me.
"You look stressed out."
She put a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
"Ow really? Think I'm just nervous for Pipes."
I nodded. I was really curious. Annabeth told me her act was brilliant but she promised Piper to keep it silent.

We saw many different performances and helped everyone backstage. How closer we came to Piper's performance, how more nervous Annabeth became.When Piper's act finally came up next we went to stand in the crowd to watch her. We stood together in the middle.
When the music started playing Annabeth was nervously fiddling with the zipper of her hoodie. Piper came up on stage. Her hair was loose and she wore a jeans short and a pink top with spaghetti straps. Surprisingly I recognised the song. It was 'Salute' from Little Mix. I only knew it because Annabeth listened to it. Piper started to sing.

"Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, lemme see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute"

Her voice was beautiful. Even better than most of her siblings.

"Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits"

A new voice started to sing. I looked around and saw Thalia coming up the stage. Like usual in black and with her tiara in her hair. This is something new.

"If you with me, lemme see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute"

The two girls started to dance and sing together.

"It's who we are
We don't need no camouflage
It's the female federal"

I seemed like there was a third voice singing with them. I looked sideways at Annabeth and saw her mouthing the words of the song.

"And we're taking off
If you with me, women lemme hear you say"

The third voice stopped so I thought I just misheard it.

"Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, lemme see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute
Attention (salute)
Attention (salute)
Attention (huh)
Representing all the women, salute, salute"

A new voice started singing and Reyna came up the stage. I didn't know she could sing?!

"Sisters we are everywhere
Warriors, your country needs you
If you ready ladies, better keep steady
Ready, aim, shoot it
Don't need ammunition, on a mission
And we'll hit you with the truth Divas, Queens, we don't need no man, salute
Sisters we are everywhere
Warriors, your country needs you
If you ready ladies, better keep steady
Ready, aim, shoot it
Don't need ammunition. On a mission
And we'll hit you with the truth
Representing all the women, salute, salute!"

The three girls started singing and dancing. Their voices blend beautiful together.

"It's who we are
We don't need no camouflage
It's the female federal
And we're taking off
If you with me, women lemme hear you say"

There was it again. That other voice. Is it just me or is there someone else singing with them? But before I could think about the owner of the voice, it stopped singing.

" Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, lemme see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute"

While they were singing, I tapped Annabeth on her shoulder. She was fiddling with her micro.
"Hey Anna. Did you hear that voice too?"
She looked weird at me.
"What voice?"
She looked a bit nervous.
"Ow nothing. I probably misheard it."
She nodded and began watching her friends on stage.

"Attention (salute)
Attention (salute)
Attention (huh)
Representing all the women, salute, salute"

The mysterious voice started singing again but this time very clear. I looked at Annabeth and saw her taking off her hoodie. Just like the 3 girls she was wearing a jeans short and a (grey)top with spaghetti straps. A spot was shining on her and she started singing.

"You think we're just pretty things
You couldn't be more wrong"

Annabeth was the mysterious voice... and she could SING?!?!?!

"(We standing strong, we carry on)
Knock us but we keep moving on (we're moving up, yeah)
Can't stop a hurricane, ladies it's time to awake (yeah)"

I wasn't the only one baffled. I looked around and saw many people staring at Annabeth. Thalia and Reyna were already a surprise. But who had thought that Annabeth could and would sing?!!

"Attention
Attention
Individuals
Originals
Huh
Lemme hear you say"

Annabeth had made it through the crowd and was standing with the girls on stage.

"Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, lemme see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute
Attention (salute)
Attention (salute)
Attention (huh)
Representing all the women, salute, salute!
(Ladies, the time has come, the war has begun
Let us stand together
And remember, men fight great, but women are greater fighters)
Huh!
Representing all the women, salute, salute"

When they finished, my ears exploded. Everyone was clapping and whistling at the girls. Speaking of them. They stood slightly out of breath hugging each other with gigantic smiles on their faces. When everyone quieted down, the judges revealed the scores.
Leo gave them a 10/10, Katie gave a 9,5/10, will a 9/10 and the Stolls a 9,987654329/10. Well that last one was special but what did you expect. These are the Stolls. The girls went off stage so I had to go back to work.

When I finally had the chance I searched for my little sis to congratulate her and to say she had work to do (what? I need her help with all these chaos!!)

A few minutes later I found her somewhere in the back but she looked...busy...with Percy... Well I didn't want to see my sis making out with her boyfriend and I needed her help but I knew she needed a few minutes of alone time (or not so alone time) So I headed back and started helping everyone.
10 minutes later Annabeth came back with a pink blush on her cheeks and slightly out of breath. I gave her a questioning look but she just mounded 'later' and went off to help some Hephaestoskids. I think we are going to have a nice chat later this evening.

First of all I don't own any of the characters or the song. Second I had yesterday a day off from school so maybe I will upload a next chapter tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed!!!
~Percabethwisegirl