We fell in love... thanks to a seal

During autumn break I went on a vacation with my parents. On the beach we saw some seals who were being released into the sea. They were soooo cute (picture above) and they inspired me for this chapter. AU. Percy works in a seal sanctuary and Annabeth is an architect.Enjoy!!!
~Percabethwisegirl

Annabeth's POV

The beach was empty like always around this time of the year. Just the wind, the sea and I. Some seagulls were flying around each other, the waves were crashing into the shore and a man was standing at a light blue van... wait what?! I looked back at man. He was kind of cute with his raven black hair and bright sea green eyes. He was leaning against a light blue van with a logo of a seal and a white Cross with ' Seal Rescue Centre' above it.

 He was leaning against a light blue van with a logo of a seal and a white Cross with ' Seal Rescue Centre' above it

He was talking to something inside the van. I decided to walk a bit closer and stopped a few meters behind the man.
"-your big day, isn't it Sia?"
He was talking to a wooden box in the back of the van. When I looked better, I could see a grey seal with pitch black eyes and a white spot around her left eye. It was sooo cute.
"You're finally going back to the sea."
The man petted the seal, Sia, and she leaned in his touch. He laughed and tried to lift the box but it was too heavy. The box slipped out of his hands and fell back into the van.
"Need some help?"
I asked, hoping he would accept.
The guy turned around and looked at me. A grin spread on his lips.
"Yeah, that box's very heavy. But what is a beautiful lady like you doing here on the beach in November?"
I smiled and helped him lift up Sia's box.
"Well, I've always liked the beach. It's a beautiful place and very peaceful, especially when there's nobody else."
He nodded in agreement. We placed the box into the sand and checked if Sia was alright.
"I'm Percy, by the way, Percy Jackson ."
He extended his hand for me to shake. I accepted and said:
"Annabeth, Annabeth Chase. And this cutie here?."
I kneeled in front of the box and looked at the cute seal inside.
Percy kneeled next to me.
"Her name is Sia. She stranded last year with a very nasty cut in her flipper. Now she is completely healed and can go back to the sea. Do you want to help me?"
I nodded enthusiastically and saw Sia nodding too, as if she wanted me to help release her too. Percy laughed and petted her on her head.
'Should I ask if I could pet her too? She's soo cute.'
Percy looked back at me and asked:
"Do you want to pet her too?"
I don't know how he knew but I gladly accepted his offer. He took my hand and a spark went up my arm as his skin touched mine. His hand was warm on mine and a blush crept to my cheeks. He guided my hand onto the box and let Sia come to me.
First she looked a bit suspicious but then she let me pet her. I smiled and saw Percy smiling too.
"It seems like she likes you."
Percy said. I looked back at him. He stood up again and was brushing the wet sand of his pants. Quickly I followed his example and brushed the damp stuff of my jeans.
"So... do you want to release her with me?"
Percy asked while he leaned on the box.
"Yeah, but I suppose were not going to let her just crawl all the way to the sea, isn't it?"
Percy shook his head and pointed in the direction of the sea.
"Well... the sea isn't that far. Do you want to help me carry her box?"
I nodded and bent down to lift up Sia's box. After a few minutes of struggling, some curses and a lot of laughing, we finally reached the shore.
"This is it, Sia. You can finally go home."
He knelt down in front of the seal and petted her for one last time. I saw it wasn't easy for hem to let her go. It was clearly visible that he like the little seal very much. He told me to get a bit away from the box so he could open it en let her free. I did what he said and watched as he released her. Sia crawled to the water immediately but stopped after a few seconds. She turned back and crawled to Percy. She rubbed his leg one last time with her head and crawled back to the sea. Once she was out of our view, Percy sat down on the wooden box. He looked a bit sad.
"You're gonna miss her, isn't it."
He nodded and looked at me when I sat down beside him.
"She's finally free now. She can go home."
Percy smiled.
"You're right."
We both fell silent. It wasn't an awkward silence. No, absolutely not, more comfortable and even comforting. I went with the moment and leaned my head on his shoulder. For a moment he tensed but soon he relaxed and put his arm around my shoulders. I don't know if it is normal to feel so relaxed and at home by a stranger but I didn't care. He was nice, maybe he would like to get dinner with me. It was starting to get dark anyway.
I opened my eyes again. I didn't even relised I had closed them. I turned to Percy and caught him staring at me.
A blush spread on my cheeks and I saw him blush too. He looked a bit nervous.
"Are you alright?"
I asked. He nodded.
"Yeah, I just wanted to, euhm ask you something."
I nodded and motioned him to continue.
" well... you're really beautiful- I mean I really like you- no that wasn't-I- I eurgh!"
I smiled at his rambling. It was kind of adorable. He took a deep breath and continued.
"What I mean to say is, would you like to get dinner with me tonight?"
I nodded.
" yes, I would like that."
He smiled and together we walked back to the van.

5 years later

I smiled when I felt him hugging me from behind. His hand laid gently on my stomach and he buried his face in the crook of my neck. After a few minutes of nothing he started kissing my neck, then my jaw up to my lips. I turned around in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck.
Slowly he leaned in and kissed me lovingly full with passion. I smiled through the kiss and tangled my hands in his silky black hair. One of his hands moved under my shirt when he deepened the kiss. His hand spread a warm feeling all over my body.
After a few minutes he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. I opened my eyes and was welcomed by his beautiful sea green ones.
"I love you."
He said. I smiled and pecked his lips.
"I love you too."
I turned again in his arms and leaned against his chest. The sea was calm and beautiful just like the day we met.
His hands found his way back to my swollen belly. I placed my hands on top of his and looked up at him.
"3 months, Seaweedbrain...
3 months and we will finally meet our little sweetheart."
He smiled and gently rubbed my baby bump.
"I can't wait."
He kissed me again and laid his head on top of mine. Together we watched the waves crash into the shore.
After a few minutes I saw something swimming in the calm waves. It looked like ... like a seal.
"Perce?"
He hummed.
"Isn't... isn't that Sia?"
His head shot up and he looked at the seal that was swimming to us.
"You're right! Looks like we're all back together after 5 years."
I smiled at the memory of our first meeting.
"Yeah, if she never had been injured and you never had to release her, I would have never met you."
"And I would have never met my perfect wife."
I smile and looked down at our entwined hands. Our silver rings glistened in the light of the sunset.
This evening couldn't get any better.

The end...
I hope you all enjoyed it!!!
~Percabethwisegirl