Taped memories

Takes place after the Giant war. Imagine that Annabeth and Silena danced together every week but no one except Percy knew.

Pipers POV

I was sitting with Jason and the others at the campfire. Percy and Annabeth were curled up together next to us and Frank and Hazel sat hand in hand a few places away.Will and the Apollo kids just finished another song when the Stolls came running down from the Big House.
"Yo guys!"
That was Travis.
"We've found some videos from the attic!"
Connor started to unpack some pretty weird stuff what later turned out to be a projector and a screen. After a few minutes of fumbling everything was ready.
"Like My Dear Brother just said, we found some videos in the attic and thought-"
Travis was interrupted by Clarisse shouting:
"You two? Thinking? That's something new!"
All the Ares kids started laughing but stopped when they saw Annabeth and Percy glaring at them. The Stolls gave them a thankful glance.
"So before I was rudely interrupted by someone"
Travis glared at Clarisse.
"I wanted to tell you guys that we found some special videos."
Connor nodded.
" They're really interesting and we think that all of you would enjoy them...especially the older ones."
I thought I saw their eyes tearing up a bit but it was probably just my imagination. Travis picked up some DVDs out of a box and put one into the pc. A picture of a beautiful young girl around a year of 12 showed up. She had dark long hair and was definitely an Aphrodite camper. I wondered why I had never met her. She was wearing dance clothes and her hair was up in an elegant bun. Travis clicked on the screen and the video started playing.

The girl was dancing in the gymnasium of CHB when a little 8 year old girl bursted through the doors.
"Sorry that I'm late Silena. I couldn't leave without getting noticed."
The little girl had curly blond hair up in a ponytail and calculating grey eyes.

With a shock I realised it was Annabeth but then 10 years ago.

The girl, Silena, watched with an amused smile while little Annabeth tried to put on her demi-pointes as fast as she could. When she was ready she jumped up and nearly tripped over from excitement.
"You really want to do this, don't you?"
Silena said. Little Annabeth nodded.
"Yeah, it has been so long since I last danced. I really missed it."

Piper was shocked. She didn't know Annabeth danced, or at least could dance.

Silena started to explain a dance and the two of them started to dance together on the music.

The video ended and the next one came up.

The same girl, Silena, was standing at the barre only she was now a few years older. Annabeth was standing next to her. She looked now a year of 10. The two of them were stretching at the barre.
"So I heard you beat Luke. Didn't expect that you were that good."
Annabeth blushed.
"It was just a coincidence, really. I-" "Don't be so shy about it, Annie. You're really good. Heck, you're one of the best of the whole camp and you're just 10!"
Annabeth looked mad and flattered at the same time.
"Don't call me Annie!"
She said.
" and that's just because I'm a year rounder otherwise I would be as bad as everybody else."

The video stopped and my mouth was wide open. I wasn't the only one. How flexible are those girls?! They went in over split, OVER SPLIT! Even Drew couldn't do that and she was the best dancer of our cabin. The Stolls clicked on the next video.

It was clearly a few years later. Annabeth looked like a year of 12 now and Silena a year of 16. The two girls were dancing to a hip-hop song and both girl's hair were down.
"So I heard you nursed that new boy back to health? Is he cute?" Annabeth shrugged.
"Yeah I did, why'd you asked?" She turned to look at Silena.
"Ow for nothing. Just heard it from some Naiads and wanted to check if it was true."
Annabeth looked suspicious but went with it.
"So... what do you think of him?" Silena asked.
"He's an absolute Seaweedbrain! Really! He's an idiot."

That caused a lot of laughing.

"That guy really doesn't think before he does something. It looks like he has no brain! Or at least doesn't use it."

A lot more laughs were heard. I looked over at Percy and Annabeth and saw Annabeth's cheeks flush pink.

"Are you sure you don't think he's cute?"
Silena asked. Annabeth hesitated. "N-no of course not. He just an idiotic Seaweedbrained boy. I don't think he's cute!"

The video ended. That Silena girl looked so sweet. I wonder where she is? Or if she still comes to camp. She looked like the perfect big sister. A bit too girly but still...
The next video started.

Annabeth was now a year of 15 and Silena probably 19. A few scars were visible on Annabeth's skin and there was a grey strand in her hair. The girls danced in silence for a good 3 minutes when Silena finally said something.
"Are you alright, Annabeth?" Annabeth looked up.
"Yeah, I was just lost in thoughts..."
Silena smirked.
"Thinking about Percy again?"
A heavy blush spread across Annabeth's face.
"N-n-no, I-I- is it that obvious?" Annabeth sat down and put her head in her hands.
"I just wish he would spent more time with us, with me and not with that stupid mortal Rachel. It's like he totally forgot about me."
Silena gave her a sad smile.
"It isn't as bad as it seems. That Seaweedbrain probably doesn't even know that he's making you feel like that. Trust me, he will be soon back at camp and then everything will be okay."
As if a clue 15-year old Percy stepped into the gym .
"Wisegirl! Here you are. I searched for you everywhere." Annabeth's head looked like a tomato right know. Silena silently laughed at the two lovebirds who were clearly in love with each other but didn't know it yet. She tiptoed to the door and left the two alone.

The video stopped and another one came up.

The girls didn't look different so it was probably only a few weeks later. Silena looked horrible. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were red and puffy. Annabeth stepped into the gym and as soon as she saw Silena a sad look appeared on her face. When she was next to Silena she sat down and took the 19 year old girl in her arms. Silena broke down. Heartbreaking sobs escaped her mound and Annabeth was crying too. After a few minutes Annabeth spoke up.
"Y-you know... he is safe now. He'll wait for you... in Elysium." Silena nodded and started crying again.

The video stopped and the last one started to play.

Annabeth sat in the middle of the gym. Silena was nowhere to be seen. It was just Annabeth. Alone sitting on the ground with a lot of fresh scars and some bandages. She stared at the wall and a tear escaped from her eye. In the door opening 16 year old Percy popped up. He walked slowly to Annabeth and put her in his lap. Annabeth looked up at him and put her face in the crook of his neck. First she started hiccuping then she broke down. Not long after that Percy broke down to. The two cried while hugging each other and occasionally kissing. After a while they both fell asleep on the floor of the Gym.

When I looked up, my heart broke. Percy, Annabeth, the Stolls, Clarisse , Will and many others were silently crying. Percy hugged Annabeth tight while Chris squeezed Clarisse's hand. Finally I understood who she was.
Silena. Silena Beauregard. The former head of the Aphrodite cabin, the girlfriend of Charles Beckendorf who died in the war against Kronos and last but not least the famous daughter of Aphrodite who died while protecting her friends.
I understood why it was so special for them. It was a memory of a good friend of theirs who they'll never forget.

Again a long one. I really really like it and I hope you too!!!
~ Percabethwisegirl