The force that once bound us

ابدأ من البداية

"You're right." I groaned feeling like an idiot, all of this stress was not conducive to anything good in my life.

"I know." His blue face morphed back into a cheeky, slightly aggressive grin and I had almost no time to throw up my forearms in a block to defend against the kick hurtling towards my face. The pressure from his kick reverberated through my forearms and I was sent skidding back against the surface of the water. I prepared to counter his next move as he descended upon my form.

I skimmed his arm with a punch, bruising him almost instantly and he knocked me off balance with grazing my shin with a ravenous Samehada. I dropped beneath the surface of the water when Samehada sliced right where my head was a second before and with a forceful pull, I dragged Kisame under the water and pushed back to the surface to try and trap him in a Water Prison. Epic failure. He slammed me in the jaws of a shark, the force of the water on my body like a full body slap from a freaking gorilla.

"Fuck that hurts." Kisame's amused laughter rang through the air as he swung down forcefully, wielding his big ass living blade like it was weightless. "Sorry Samehada." I rolled under the slice and jabbed Kisame's wrist with my heel, chakra running through my foot to strengthen the kick but not releasing it so I didn't break his wrist. He was forced to let go of the hilt of Samehada. As soon as it was in the air, I let my chakra burst from my foot when my kick connected and set the blade out of our battle grounds.

"This is what I expect from you Little Orokamono." Even without his prized 'pet' Kisame wasn't deterred, he was even more excited to continue. His hands wove through signs almost impossibly fast, his chakra bursting out of him and pressing down on the water around me with intimidating force.

I'll never understand how his coils are so developed in a way to hold what feels like limitless chakra without any kind of hax inside of him. If I was more right in the head-and if Kisame was more evil than people think he is— I'd be terrified of the intensity of his chakra and his love for a good battle.

He was going to attack with another jutsu and I had to figure out a way to block the water with my chakra alone, something Shikamaru and I hypothesized this theory and Kisame and I are trying to put into practice. It has mainly resulted in me getting my ass handed to me by my element but I have been seeing a difference and one day I'm going to figure out how to overpower somebody else's chakra in their jutsu and use it against them. Kisame might be the worst person to do it with because of his potency, but if I can manage even slightly with him, I will be able to do it to others.

After training, I was dead tired so I got the man shark carry me to the Uchiha compound He was bruised but he had more chakra left and I was feeling extra lazy. He dropped me on the couch before heading to the kitchen for some food. I rested my head in Shisui's lap, my feet in Itachi's. Itachi was reading a book, unfazed yet paying attention to the loudness from Shisui's animated storytelling and the other members that were roaming the compound.

Sasuke was nowhere to be found, he was probably training in furthering his lightning release. Actually he is most likely hiding from Sai. Ever since the former ROOT joined our squad and decided he wanted to be more normal, he has been attempting to bond with everyone in ways he finds in books. The only issue is he does it at the most awkward times, usually makes something worse than it was before with his creepy need to 'connect' with people, and has no ability to read a room. He is the least socially functioning person I've ever met and I'm surrounded by socially inept idiots.

One of the highlights of my entire life was when Sasuke got a cut and Sai kissed it to 'feel better' after reading about how it was supposed to make it not hurt. Sai was so pleased with himself I didn't have the heart to explain how that was for parents and their children. naruto was too busy gagging and laughing to do anything. It was even better when kakashi egged the behavior on mentioning how it was so 'adorable his cute students were getting so close'. Sasuke had never looked more appalled and confused in his entire life. He's been doing his best to avoid the artist since then.