57 ~ a blissful date

Start from the beginning

Lisa's heart sank into a million pieces seeing how torn and bloodstained it was. Whatever happened must have been terrible.

Oh god. Did Chaeyoung go through this? Lisa knew she said it was her fault... that didn't mean she was there, was she?

"Chaeyoung?... were you there?" Lisa asked. "This photo... it's..."

"It w-was on me." She spoke quietly. "When i-it happened."

Lisa's eyes widened. The blood on this photo... it was hers? It was Roseanne's!

Lisa suddenly started crying. Chaeyoung took the photo out of her hand and put down, pulling Lisa into her.

Chaeyoung started crying again as Lisa sobbed into her shoulder. "W-What happened t-to you?" Lisa cried. "My R-Roseanne. M-My baby."

The only think playing through Lisa's mind was the vast amount of scenarios that could have happened.

Were they robbed? Was Chaeyoung shot? Did they get into a fight that ended badly?

But then, Lisa suddenly remembered something. Her mom's voice came into her head.

That day they were in the hospital together. The day they secretly went through Chaeyoung's file.

"Hm. Looks like an accident. Car accident maybe?... Yes a car accident. She was treated for multiple fractures, broken bones and internal bleeding."

"Mom that's horrible."

"Yeah it is. She really took a beating... Oh my god and it was her birthday too."

Lisa cried even harder now. Actually jolting from choking on her tears and little oxygen.

Chaeyoung pulled apart and looked her over. Her own tears seemed to have subsided as she looked worriedly at her. "Lis? B-Baby?"

Lisa closed her eyes tight and balled her hands up into a fist, taking up the comforter as something to squeeze on.

Soon little hands made their way onto hers, immediately sending a relieving signal through Lisa's body.

Chaeyoung's small hands. Lisa thought about them again. How cute they were compared to Lisa's giant ones.

Slowly her sobs turned into sniffs. Opening her eyes to see Chaeyoung staring at her while quietly crying. "A-Are you okay?"

Lisa nodded slowly. She released her hands from their grip on the comforter and intertwined both their hands together.

"I-I..." Lisa started. "I just can't believe t-that you..." Lisa choked back again but kept continuing. "It's just... your blood... I-I'm scared."

Chaeyoung shook her head. "I'm f-fine."

"But what h-happened? I know it's hard for you t-to tell me. But it's just, the f-fact you went through it is k-killing me."

"Baby." Roseanne let go of Lisa's hands and put her arms around her neck. She held herself close as Lisa wrapped her own arms around her.

"I'm okay." Chaeyoung whispered to her. "Really. P-Please don't cry."

Lisa nodded her head before they both leaned in and kissed each other softly. Their lips giving one another an embrace of their own.

"Can w-we cuddle?" Lisa asked when they parted.

Chaeyoung smiled softly. "Yeah, we can."

They both laid down and held each other. Lisa still crying into Roseanne's chest. "I love you Rosie."