The Belly of the Weblum

Start from the beginning

We all stood in silence for a moment, scared yet amazed that all this fighting would be over soon.

"I guess the only question is, when do we strike?" Pidge asked breaking the silence.

Coran pulled up schematics on the teleduv, "As soon as we build a remedy big enough to wormhoke Zarkon's ship."

Hunk groaned at the thought.

"Oh, man. The teleduv again? Does that mean we need more scaultrite?" He asked.

"That's just one of the many things we'll need." Allura clarified.

"Am I, uh... sending a trip back to the space mall here?" Hunk asked with a smile.

"I'm afriad not." Hunk's smiled faded quickly, "This is gonna take a lot more scaultrite than we can find in any Unilu shop."

"Coran is correct." I said, "For this plan to succeed, we're gonna need to split up. We all have a task to do."

We all manned out stations for our part in the plan.

Keith and Hunk went off to find more scaultrite. We sent them off in the yellow lion.

Keith hugged Shiro goodbye for now, while Hunk anf Pidge were crying, even though they would only be gone for a short while.

I watched Allura stare at Keith just before he came up to me.

"See you soon." He said with a kind smile. I smiled back, hugging him as he did the same.

"Good luck, and come back safely." I said. He pulled away, lay a soft kiss on my forehead and looked over at Allura.

She turned away before making eye contact. I frowned at my sister.

"She'll understand, Keith." I said encouragingly, "She just needs a little time to do so."

Keith looked down in shame, "I really hope you're right, Zurine."

We parted ways, I watched the yellow lion take off and waved goodbye to the two palidans.

We then set off to the blue lion's hangar. Pidge knelt down and pet the mice goodbye.

"So, how about a kiss for good luck?" Lance asked, continuing to flirt with Allura. But instead of a kiss from a princess.... he got a smooch from a rodent.

He left with Pidge and Shiro, wiping away the embarrassment from his lips.

Coran and Allura said their goodbyes as Coran readied his pod. When Allura came back to the bridge, I was sitting and petting Luna on the head as she purred.

We plotted a course for the Blamera for a new crystal.

"Allura," I said, "Tell me, now that you know about Keith's Galra bloodline, what do you think of him?"

She stiffened for a minute, then relaxed a little.

"I'm not quite sure." She answered, "The Galra are heartless monsters that destroyed Altea and all my people."

"I understand the Galra that are fighting with Zarkon, but I'm asking about Keith."

She stayed quiet for a moment, "I'm not sure."

"This should be an easy answer." I said, "What do you think of our friend?"

"I don't know! Now that I know that Keith is part Galra, I'm starting to wonder if he's really trustworthy."

"How can you say that?!" I shouted standing up and facing her, "You've trusted him before and now that he's found out something new about his past, you change your mind about his trustworthiness?"

"Zurine! I understand that you love Keith and want to defend him, but do you realize what the Galra have done to the universe?"

"I do understand what the Galra have done ti the universe!" I shouted, our voices rising as the conversation continued, "But you must understand that not all are equal! Just like the Blade of Marmora, there are Galra out there who despise Zarkon as much as you and I!"

"How can always trust so easily, Zurine?! How do you know that the Galra cam be changed so easily?"

"Because when I went to Earth, I met the Palidans before they even wanted to explore space! Even Keith, who didn't know anything about his past before this, teusted me enough to take me into his home and protect me when from anything that came our way! Maybe you should be more like the palidans when they found out I was and Arisian. They treated me the same as i was when I took on human form! So why can't you do the same?"

The question threw Allura off guard. She remembered me telling her about my adventures on Earth, and how all the Palidans treated me as if I were a normal human, and how still treated me equally even when I revealed who I truly was.

She sighed and turned away from my gaze.

"I'll need some time to think." She said quietly, "I just need some more time."

The tone in her voice was slightly sad, and the rest was filled with confusion. I sighed and went to my room to wait for the others.

Before I knew it, I was asleep with the soft feeling of Luna's fur surrounding me as I drifted off into blissful sleep.

~~~~~~~~

Yo, people! What's up, sorry about the short chapter but I wanted it to focus on Allura and Zurine.

So, in an apology gesture, I'll give you some special facts about Zurine.

1) Zurine's name means white, centering around her white lion.

2) She and Keith had secret promise back on Earth before she left. That will be revealed later on in the story.

That's all, later!!