Twelve

April 12, 2019
9:55 a.m.

"How old are you?" Becky asked as they were unpacking boxes in the basement. In front of her was a box filled with video game systems going all the way back to the Atari.

"32. Why?" Seth's back was towards her so he had no idea what she was looking at.

"You sure about that?" He finally turned towards her before a smile grew on his face.

"I've been looking for that box for years." He said before he moved to help her unpack it. "And yes. I'm sure I'm 32." She started to laugh. She quickly stopped as her brothers name appeared on her screen. "Bex?" He said as he saw her attitude completely change as she listened to her brother. The phone fell from her hand before he saw a tear roll down her cheek.

Seth immediately moved towards her, the second his arms wound around her, her head fell to his shoulder and she began to sob. Gently he lifted her before moving her into his lap. As her legs wrapped around his waist, his arms encased her body. His head tucked in next to hers as he held her for what felt like hours.

"Whats going on Bex?" He asked quietly. He could feel her open her mouth but nothing came out.

"M-My dad's in the hospital." She said after a few minutes. She could feel him pull out his phone before he began to type. She had mentioned before that her father had been diagnosed with lung cancer but had never mentioned to what extent.

"We're on a flight later today." He said after almost twenty minutes. Her lips met his jaw gently before she separated herself from him. "You going to be alright love?" She hesitantly nodded before the two stood. His lips met the top of her head as he pulled her in for a gently hug.

"Let's go pack Colby." He nodded before the two moved upstairs and into their room. Seth watched for a second as she shakily set her suitcase on the bed. Gently he stopped her before she moved into the closet. His hands gently moved to cup her face his thumbs running along her cheeks.

"Talk to me Love." Tears welled in Becky's eyes.

"I can't lose him Colby." His arms gently wound around her as her face buried into his chest. "I-I just..." His lips met the top of her head when she paused.

"Everything's going to be alright Bex. You can't think so negative just yet. I mean do you know all the information?" She shook her head.

"Richy just told me he was in the hospital." His hand ran gently down her spine.

"Then you shouldn't be worrying so much Love. When we get there you'll find out all the information and from there you let it all sink in and then decided where to go from there." Her eyes met his before she nodded. Becky's hand slipped to the back of his neck before she connected their lips.

"I love you." She said quietly. As her arms wrapped around his neck he hugged her gently.

"I love you more Bex." His lips gently met her shoulder.

"So what time is our flight?" Seth quickly looked at his phone before she laughed.

"Leaves here at 2:30." She shook her head before separating from him.

"Remind me never to let you book flight." He raised an eyebrow at her. "I need like three hours to pack and shower not one." His lips met her cheek gently.

"Tell me what you want I can pack for you while you go shower." Her lips brushed his before he was told everything she wanted him to pack.

"Thank you for all of this Colby." She said softly as she moved to grab a change of clothes and a towel.

"No need to thank me Bex. I know you'd do it for me." She nodded with a smile on her face before she slipped into the bathroom.

~~~
Dublin
4:25 a.m.

"We're going to your moms right?" Becky immediately nodded.

"I need sleep and they probably wouldn't let me see him now." He nodded as he gently pulled her into him. She felt him squeeze her as a shiver coarse through her body.

As the taxi arrived the two slipped in before she told the driver the address. When the car pulled into her mothers driveway she immediately noticed that there were lights on in the house. Seth got their bags from the trunk before following her into the house.

"Mum?" She said quietly before the two heard footsteps. The redhead broke down the instant her mothers arms wound around her.

"He's alright Love. I talked to Rich, he said your father had a reaction to the chemo that made it difficult to breath. They stabilized him and are doing surgery later today to remove a portion of his lung." She looked at her mother slightly confused. "The cancer has shrunk Love. They're removing the tumor so Ken won't have to go through anymore chemo." Seth could see the sigh the redhead released while her mother felt it. Annette lowered her voice so only Becky could hear. "Now Rebecca introduce me to the handsome man behind you."

The two women separated before the redhead found her way back to him. Her hand gently landed on his lower back.

"Mum, this is Colby, my boyfriend. Colby, my mum Annette." Seth didn't even get a chance as her mother quickly pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you for getting her to come." He nodded before giving her a small smile as they pulled away. "I'm sure you both would like some sleep, Rebecca your room is set up for the both of you."

"Thanks mum." She nodded before Seth followed Becky into her old room. When she heard him chuckle her confused eyes met his.

"Your room looks exactly like my old room at my moms house." She started to laugh.

"Bet you I have more titles though." He counted the belts on the wall before he chuckled.

"Not quite yet Bex." She rolled her eyes.

"You have more titles to go after." He nodded.

"That I do, so if we scale it we're about even." She scoffed.

"Sure."