a parting letter

When I first began writing this story, I wasn't sure where it was going to go or if it was going to even end. All I knew was that I was suddenly very driven by the desire for writing this story. I had primarily written werewolf books before "Someone Like You", and this was my first step into the world of just plain romance about a woman in her twenties. I was slightly unsure — because I had also just lost my old Wattpad account where I had more than a hundred thousand followers and I was completely starting from scratch.

I started this book in a period where I was completely unsure whether I was even going to go somewhere. Whether this book was even going to get any attention. Surprisingly, I never once thought about not publishing it here. This was the first time when I realised that even if not a single person read my book, even if I didn't receive one comment — I'd still write it.

This is a story that I have wanted to tell myself. Because I loved it so much – I was okay.

"Someone Like You" has helped me grow and see what writing really means to me, and who I actually write for. It's me. I write stories I want to tell myself. And that's what has kept me going.

Still, you and I have met along the way. Or maybe this is a journey we began together? It has been a long sail, hasn't it? I'm just thankful that we have been with each other.

Every time I wrote a chapter and I published it, you all came, read it with enthusiasm, and left comments. Some of you even left reviews and messaged me encouraging me to keep writing. You didn't have to go the extra mile, you could have just read the chapter and carried on with your life, but you gave me love and warmth and I am so so thankful for all the patience, love and kindness you all have given me — for letting me tell myself and you all this story at the slow pace of 2 years and still not complaining or pushing me.

The story I've wanted to share is almost complete. I have an epilogue and one more special chapter left, then we can really close this door and say goodbye to little Isaac, Gemma, and William. Are you going to miss it just as much as I am going to miss it?

-J