04

One Stormy Evening
-•-•-
The rain pelts down on her,
bringing along its two friends,
loud thunder and silent lightning.
She greets them with a yellow umbrella,
And says, "I apologise, I don't have much time today. I'm late! I have to meet the start of my own love story!"

"What do you mean you're moving over?"

Outside, in the backyard, the screeching sound of the clothes' line spinning around in the wind alerts us of the rain beginning to rage once again.

"Dan's bought the apartment next to mine. He doesn't know where you live. My new manager thinks it's a good idea," Saara shrugs as she jumps on my sofa, bringing her legs up and tucking it in beneath her just as I do.

I shake my head, "I can't believe he's doing this."

"We're meeting tomorrow to try to end this clearly once and for all. My manager thinks it's a good idea to stamp a restraining order on his face if he doesn't want to negotiate,"

"Are you really going to stamp a restraining order on his face?" I ask, eyeing her skeptically. I know she won't do anything of that sort. Not after seven years with the guy. Seven years isn't just broken, forgotten, and gotten over in a week.

Saara glares at me for a second or two before her harsh expression slowly melts and she sighs, "No. I don't think I can."

A sigh of my own slips from my lips and I nod. I can see it. The love she still has for the giant. Love is such a funny thing. Like uninvited guests who come and leave at their own will. You never get to invite them, and you never get to decide when they leave. Granted, with guests we can't tell them when to leave out of common courtesy. But regardless, the essence for both is the same. I know.

"Who is this new manager of yours anyway? Sounds like a stuck-up," I eye my cousin, the hot cup of Ramyun I hold in my hand begins to burn and I lean forward and quickly put it on the coffee table.

"No idea," Saara shrugs, "The agency said that he's on vacation right now so the only way I've been contacting him is through email."

"So this manager of yours won't be there when you meet Dan? What the hell is he thinking sending you there without his supervision?" I blurt out, immediately having a dislike for Saara's new manager. It's a shame how everything played out, I really liked Robert. He was a nice guy. Then he went and blew it all away. Literally.

"I'm not a kid, PenPen," Saara snaps as she rolls her eyes at me, taking the cup of ramyeon I had set on the coffee table.

"No. You're a young woman who has the world's eyes on her almost all the time," I reply, blandly dragging every word like a broken and damaged poem.

"Shut it," Saara groans, "Clear half of your bed. I'm staying here."

I grin. I've definitely won this round.

"Oh! Can we use our room for my videos? I really like the aesthetics," Saara asks, suddenly turning to face me with her big brown eyes and pouty lips.

I nod, knowing she's probably already thought where to place her camera and which spot in the room to capture. She's just won another round.

"Anyway," I turn the topic back to where I want it. Knowing how extreme Dante can get, I think it's important to know what's planned for tomorrow. I can't let her meet him without a witness and just two bodyguards, "Is your manager really letting you meet Dan without him? Do you think it's safe? What does Dan want now anyway?"

"August, my new and very straight manager, is coming back tomorrow. He'll pick me up from here and we'll meet Dan. Afterward, the course of action is still unclear but I think I'm scheduled for gym and dance practise."