08

One Rushed Morning
-•-•-
She strolls around her garden in the morning
Just as she always does
"Are you really so nice or are you secretly selfish?" A pink rose asks her.

She smiles
"Seeing him smile makes me happy,"

To her right, a white Dahlia squeals, its bright green leaves sway with the morning breeze,
"Such a pretty fairytale!"

Suddenly she shoots up to her feet.
"Oh no! I'm late!"

"Mummy needs to use the bathroom!" I almost yell as I shoot out of bed, "Snuggle with daddy in the meantime!"

I rush towards the washroom.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When I finally decide to leave the bathroom — which seems like hours later — I pray to God that Isaac has fallen asleep and his dad is nowhere near the bed.

One out of two turns to be right.

Walking into the dimly lit room, Isaac definitely seems to have fallen asleep. William, on the other hand, is still on the bed beside his son. It's closer now, the moment where I decide on whether I'm going home or not. My heart begins to beat like it's in a marathon, and I gulp in nervously as I take shaky steps towards the father and son.

A loud sigh leaves my lips when walking closer to the bed, I realise that William's asleep too. Just then a sharp, loud ping sounds around the silent room and I rush towards the stand that's housing my cellphone. Screaming a million scoldings to myself for forgetting my phone here when I had to rush into the bathroom for so long.

My fingers wrap around the iPhone and I bring it closer, clicking on the unseen messages.

"Oh god," I groan under my breath as I settle down on the edge of the bed tiredly. My mind's all over the place right now, I just need to sit at one place and talk to Saara. To let it out. See what she says.

 See what she says