07

One Good Night
-•-•-

His bright, innocent eyes
stare at her lovingly
& she begins to do the one thing she shouldn't. She begins to secretly wonder...

"Can I keep him?"

"I told you I'll find you,"

"Mummy!!! Mummyyy!!!"

Isaac screams as he jumps off the bed — causing all of us women to gasp or yelp — and runs up to me. Reaching me, the adorable, mud-coated child jumps up, trying to cling to me like a monkey while he does.

As I kneel down to scoop the child up into my arms, for a second my mind worries about what I will do with my soiled self. Then the little boy's arms wrap around my neck and he leans his tiny head on my chest, and I decide to worry about myself later.

"I missed you too," I chuckle as I feel the child squeeze me, peppering small, muddy kisses all over my cheeks before resting his head on my shoulder. At my words, the little boy lifts his head up and moves it away from my face. He frowns, a cute little pout on his face.

"Mummy's liar! You didn't come home with us!"

I turn towards William for a little help, only to see him watching me silently.

"He won't be of any help," I tell myself silently before turning back to Isaac.

"Mummy had to do something, sweetie," It isn't technically a lie. I did have to go home and live my life.

"Do something? For soooo long?" Isaac whines as he hides his face into the crook of my neck again, not ready to let go of the argument so easily.

Isaac doesn't seem like he's going to let me off so easily. I sigh. Instead of answering him, I get up on my feet again, and turning to give William a glance, begin walking towards what I pray is the bathroom.

"Mummy will let you scold her all you want but after you're clean, okay?" I hold the light boy closer to me as we get closer towards the door I'm aiming for. A twist of my hand and I breathe out in relief. It's the bathroom. Success!

"I don't want to s-scold mummy," Isaac grumbles almost incoherently, I can't help but grin at the tiny little cupcake. This tiny boy is taking my heart away quicker than I'm ready to give. The consequences of this facade will come back and bite me in the face one day. Someday when this little boy is old enough to understand everything. I know that. I know that and that is why I should feel scared now. But instead, I can't help but grin and hold him close.

"I will bath myself, mummy," Isaac suddenly declares shyly as I place him down on the bathroom tile. One look at his chubby pink cheeks and I can't help but grin harder. The little guy is shy.

"Are you sure?" I ask, still. I'm not sure whether he is still bathed by someone or if he showers on his own. The look of confidence in the boy's face when he nods his head vigorously tells me that he must be used to cleaning his own self, so I give in.

"Okay," I nod my head, walking towards the shower's knob I feel is too high for him to reach, I twist it open, putting my hand under the water to check if it's an okay temperature for a kid, before stepping back towards the entrance of the bathroom.

"Should I leave a bit of the door open?" I ask as I hold the open door, looking back at the child standing in the middle of the large bathroom. It doesn't take him much to think about before he nods in allowance. I smile, "Okay! I'm stepping out!" I tell the child before slowly beginning to pull the door closer and closer to a close.