Chapter 29: Cops pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Jen: Colby told everyone to stay away from me. That I was his.

Blake: Well why do you stay with a possessive boyfriend?

Jen: He's not possessive you idiot.

You said with a newfound confidence out of anger for Colby.

Blake: Excuse you?

Jen: He's probably ten times better than you.

He was getting angry.

Blake: You don't know anything about me.

Jen: Well let's change that.

You were trying to change the subject because you knew if you had relive the accident with Brennen again you would have a mental breakdown.

Blake: I'm eighteen, graduated early and ended up here. I'm single. I live alone.

All of the angry tone vanished from his voice when he spoke.

Jen: Now, what do you want to know about me?

Blake: First off, what happened with your uncle?

You answered quickly.

Jen: I'm not talking about that.

Blake: Well why not?

You felt the tears rise up in your eyes again. You looked at him in the eyes.

Jen: Please don't make me relive that. If you want to know, ask your partner, he seems to know everything about me.

Blake: He only knows what's in the case file, just like me.

Jen: You're only allowed to keep me here for 48 hours, then you have to let me go. I would spend your time wisely instead of dwelling on a question that will never be answered.

Blake: Fine. How about Ash.

Jen: I met Ash under a bridge after a fight with Colby.

Blake: Okay, anything ever happen there?

Jen: God no.

The dream you had not so long ago re-entered your mind. You closed your eyes tight and shook the memory away.

Blake: What is it?

He said, raising an eyebrow.

Jen: It's nothing.

Blake: Answer my questions, I let one slip, but may I remind you that the cameras are off and everyone trusts an officer over a civilian any day.

You hated the way the circumstances were.

Jen: I had a bad dream about Ash. That's it.

Blake: Ooh, like a dirty dream?

You shot a glance at him that confirmed his suspicions.

Blake: And how would your boyfriend, Colby, feel about this?

Jen: He already knows.

Blake: You do know that I put him in a interview room with one of my single friends on purpose, right?

Jen: I trust Colby.

Blake: Whatever you say.

He said, brushing your words off as a lie. A few moments passed of silence.

Blake: I have one more question about relationships and then we're done with that topic.

Jen: Okay, just get it over with.

Blake: Has Colby ever cheated on you?

Jen: Why the hell would that matter?

Blake: Just answer my question.

Jen: Yes. Once.

Blake: And you're still with him?!?

Jen: Yes. Is there a problem with that?

He moved his hands on top of your's. You tried to move them but he wouldn't let you.

Blake: You deserve better Jen.

He moved from sitting at the table to standing beside you. Your heart beat was at a rapid speed.

Blake: Stand up.

He said, rather assertive. You obeyed. He turned you toward him. He put both of his hands on your shoulders. He leaned in.

Song:

"I'm coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine. Gotta Gotta be down because I want it all. It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss."