Chapter 5: The Confession

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you're right... But I'm nothing compared to Tora Uin'nasoseji!"

He continued:

"You yourself told her that he wiped out the strongest clan in Jiyousuu!

Yami then said:

"It's okay Sora, if I'm in trouble I can always teleport away from him and come back stronger or with help."

Kazuto then responded.

"No Yami! If you teleport; he'll be able to trace and teleport to you, remember he has Shinigami powers too."

"Hmm... If that's the case then all I can do is finish him off in one quick blitz!"

While smiling Sora said:

"Hehe, just like the berserker you are; the Crimson Berserker I should say."

With that, they all started laughing; and after they were through, Kazuto told Yami about the tournament he had entered her into.

"Oh, so it's like a battle to the death type of tournament."

"Sorta, but not to the death. Until your opponent is unable to fight back."

Sora then energetically said:

"Oh Cool! I gotta watch this! Where, when and what time?"

Kazuto then said:

"At the Town Dojo, Friday at 12 noon."

"Okay, I gotta make sure I'm extra early."

After they finished their conversation, Kazuto teleported Yami and himself home since it was lunch-time. And once they returned, they enjoyed a well-prepared meal and informed Sachi about what happened today. After lunch, Yami asked Kazuto about her clan's origins and his powers.

"Uh, uncle."

"Yeah?"

"How come you have ghost abilities but not fire powers?"

"Oh, that's because I'm originally a member of the Yoma clan."

"But you said my father had fire abilities too, and you're his brother, so how come you don't have both?"

"Ah... The Shinigami Clan was made when the Prince of the Yoma Clan and the Princess of the Gouka Clan joined each other in wedlock."

"Oh, so my father was originally from the Yoma Clan and my mother the Gouka?"

"Exactly."

"And because I'm their child; I have both abilities at birth?"

"You got it!"

"Hmm... So per se, if I were to marry someone from another clan, for instance, Sora; would I also get his powers and vice-versa?"

"That's a strange example... but yeah since he has royal blood."

After she heard his response, she started blushing and quickly change the subject.

"So about the tournament... Am I going to fight other girls?"

"Well, I signed you up for an all-female tournament, so yeah."

"Oh okay, by the way, what is the reward for winning this tournament?"

"The prize is... A map of Jiyousuu!"

"Wow... what a lame reward!"

"Well yeah, since it's your first tournament I didn't want to enter you into one with older children yet."