A Very Vivid Memory.

12/05/2019

It was supposed to be a perfect beach day like so many we've had already.
And it was.
Until we were going to the ocean one last time before returning home.

"I think I'm going to throw up,"- was all one my friends said before falling on the sand.

My first thought was that she passed out but no, her eyes were open and rolling backwards. All her body was trembling and she was positioning her neck weirdly and making a strange sound.

A seizure.

Tears were forming in my eyes just as quick as people were surrounding the scene.

I kept calling her name until she finally passed out.

When I had to call the ambulance I could barely talk I actually don't remember how I managed.

I called her mom, and my dad. Sent everyone to the hospital to pick us up.

But in the end I just couldn't.

When we got to the hospital her mom was already there and thanked us, and said goodbye. Goodbye?
I don't wanna leave.
So I didn't.

We waited for some kind of news but those never came.

They asked us individually what happened and we had to tell everything we saw and the doctor asked her mother if she had epilepsy.

Around dinner time I had to take my friend home and walk my dog but came back.

Right now I'm in the waiting room, it's almost midnight.
I got to see my friend and she seems good right now which makes me so relieved.

But the memory of her convulsing in my arms is still very vivid.

At least she's good now.
And who knows, maybe even found her Prince Charming because of this mess. We even go to the same school so who knows what could happen.