Levi removed a hand from his pocket and checked his watch. His eyes narrowed and he clicked his tongue in frustration seeing he had the job interview in an hour. He had lost track of time and was now falling behind, something he had tried to not do.

He was usually someone keeps track of time, but it wasn't one of those days. He was exhausted from the lack of sleep he'd gotten the night before, and felt as if his head was about to explode with the pulsating headache he had.

Now, he just needed to try to bite back his remarks in order to get the job.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

To say it was a failure wasn't even enough. Once again, Levi didn't bite back his attitude and wasted no hesitation in calling out the manager's failure in getting the staff under control. He didn't need to take a tour to see how terrible the working condition was. Everything ranging from the staff to the environment was sickening to him.

He didn't care if he had bills to pay, Levi was not going to work in an environment that couldn't even control their staff or even keep decently clean tables.

The man found himself in the waiting room of the clinic Hanji worked at. He had his eyes closed and arms folded across his chest. He wasn't sleeping, but only allowing himself to rest his eyes. 

He felt the stares of people taking glances of him. How they spoke in hushed voices about him. It only made his anger boil.

His eyebrow twitched and he opened his eyes shooting a look of irritation towards the group of girls. They quickly looked away, faces flushed red. Levi let his cold eyes send daggers to their backs. Once he saw them visibly tense, he got up, arms unfolding and falling to his side.

"Damn four-eyes," Levi grumbled, growing tired of waiting. It had been over an hour and he expected Hanji to come on out. He had informed the nurse he needed to see her, in which he was told to wait.

Levi turned around and made his way out of the clinic. His hand ran through his black hair, trying to release some of the pent up frustration. The only reason he went there was to return her credit card. Because, without surprise, she had been careless again. As tempting as it was, Levi didn't use it. He had decided to only taunt her about it.

He stopped in his tracks and his eyes narrowed as he saw the slender figure in the distance. She held a grin with a coffee in her hands. His eyebrow twitched when he realized she had gone out for lunch. For an hour he had been waiting as the woman instructed him to, but the entire time she wasn't even in the damn building.

"Shitty-glasses!" Levi yelled as he began to scowl at her. His dull eyes were stormy, the anger evident in them. He still remained calm, standing firmly on the ground and taming his temper before it got worse. The scowl itself was enough to give away that he was furious.

"Levi!" Hanji grinned, unfazed by his anger. She made her way over to him, eyes gleaming. Levi took notice how she looked washed and how she didn't look as terrible as she did when they'd gone to the store.

His eyes averted away from her and towards the shorter girl who stood next to her, following next to Hanji as she practically dragged her to him. A camera hung around her next, her hands securely wrapped around it to prevent it from swaying.

His gaze returned to Hanji whose grin never left her face. He wondered how she could always have it on, if it ever hurt her facial muscles for always smiling like that. Then again, he didn't care for the answer.

"Care to explain where you were?" Levi questioned, folding his arms across his chest. His cold eyes bored into the taller. Hanji, who had hummed as a brief response, gave a shrug.

"I got a lunch break," she replied, tucking her hands into her white coat. She turned over to the woman who stood silently next to her, giving a bright smile. "Irene stopped by and we went to get some lunch together. Irene, this is Levi. Levi, Irene."

His attention drew back to the woman who was only about two inches shorter than him. She gave a polite smile. "It's nice to meet you, Levi. Hanji talks a lot about you," Irene greeted, giving a small nod of her head.

"Talking shit about me again?" Levi asked, taking a glance at Hanjj. She snorted causing Levi to scrunch up his nose in disgust.

Irene shook her head with an anxious laugh. She uncomfortably shifted her weight and flashed a smile she desperately tried to make into a polite one, but it only revealed how stiff she felt under his intense gaze. Her body language wasn't the only that gave it away, it was the way her hazel eyes seemed to try and avoid his silver-like ones.

"It's, uh, mainly about—"

"You don't need to feel so nervous around him, Irene," Hanji interrupted, throwing her arm around her shoulder making the smaller woman flinch and give a timid smile. "He's all bark but no bite."

"Tsk."

"Were you waiting for me, Levi?" Hanji mocked, a glint of mischief in her brown eyes. She gave a teasing smile.

"I was going to return the card you left, but it seems you are perfectly capable of getting a new one," he said nonchalantly, watching as Hanji eyes widened. She fumbled for her wallet, arms flying everywhere to the point where Irene needed to back away from her.

Hanji gave a sheepish smile once she saw that it was indeed missing. "Would you look at that!" Her reaction made Levi scowl in return, seeing as his plan to at least make her panic for longer than her usual time fail.

A sigh escaped Irene as she pressed her lips together, eyes tired as she looked at the brunette. "You just now realized?" she murmured, heaving another sigh. Levi took it that she had most likely known Hanji for about the same time he did—if not longer—to not even be fazed by the fact she wasn't even surprised.

Levi unfolded his arms, slipping his hand into his pocket and holding it out for her. Before he could retract it, Hanji snatched it out of his hands. She smiled as if she had never lost it. "Thank you, Levi. You actually do have a heart."

He scoffed, sending a glare towards her. Levi snapped his head toward Irene when he heard her stifle a laugh. "What are you laughing about?" he asked, making her immediately shut up and shake her head. She pressed her lips together, the corner of them beginning to tug into a smile she desperately tried to suppress.

"Wasn't your job interview today?" Hanji mused as she began to walk to the clinic. Irene walked next to her, her eyes on the taller, giving her full attention.

Levi had informed Erwin Smith, head of the police force of the job. It was something he didn't have a choice to. Due to his tainted record, they needed to keep him under their eye; if he did things such as the job interview without informing them, he'd be sent to jail. Erwin being friends with Hanji, he wasn't surprised that she already knew.

"Your point?"

"You didn't get it, did you?" Hanji continued, glancing at him. His jaw clenched and his eyes grew darker. He didn't like how she openly spoke about his job interview with a mere stranger next to her.

Levi didn't get a chance to reply because Hanji abruptly spun around. A massive smile was planted on her face and her brown eyes sparking, something that always happened whenever she had an idea.

"Irene, how about you hire Levi?"