18

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor.... If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind." -- William Shakespeare

We decided to take a cab to the town to save time. The ride to the town was quiet but not uncomfortable in any way. After I gladly accepted Jungkook's offer for sightseeing and irrationally  held his hand I felt him tense up abit but knowing his nature he quickly recovered and put up face not giving away anything. He cleared his throat and told me he was going to call for a cab. I felt a foreign emotion inside of me at that time. Maybe hurt? That he didn't reciprocate my gesture and I just ended up making a fool of myself yet.

Again..

Maybe he thinks I'm a psycho bitch trying to grab his attention and drooling over him twenty-four-seven. God! Maybe he likes someone else and doesn't think of me more than just a friend or does he even consider me his friend. Maybe not? Maybe he still secretly loathes me. Maybe he ganged up with Jennie to get back at me. Maybe he wants to kill me today? throw my body in the ocean and then...

" Earth to Y/N!" Jungkook exclaimed chuckling. Hun? Shit I've been overthinking again.Seriously Y/N? You sure have a wide imagination.

" Umm sorry.. Have we reached yet?" I asked him, looking out the window and sure enough we had reached the town. My eyes widened taking in the view, there were tall buildings reaching the sky, people were strolling everywhere and there were small stalls of different kinds of stuff scattered everywhere on the street. I could see people gathered around some guys who were dancing on some Kpop song and praising their performance.

" Yeap we sure have, come on" Jungkook told the driver to drop us at the sidewalk by the turn and gave him the money. I urged him to let me pay but being a gentlemen that he was, he clearly refused.

" Now where?" I blurted, not knowing where to head first. I mean we barely had space to ourselves here and the only thing you could see far off in the distance were people and more people and some more people. In short the street was crowded with people making way for themselves.

" What about that fair. It's doesn't seem so far from here. It says that it's just around the corner from here"  Jungkook pointed at the various posters on the street lamps. Indeed, there was a family fair being held in the town.

We decided to walk our way to the fair which was not far from where we were now. Just when we turned in the next street there was a huge park in the corner where tents were situated, which we assumed was where the fair was held.

There were brightly coloured tents with huge balloons on the sides. We could see children playing on trampolines while they're parents watched their kids have fun. There were also costumed cartoon characters entertaining the crowd. We made our way inside the tent where numerous stalls stood. I looked around the place and sure enough it was big. I looked around the place buzzing with people when a stall with antiques caught my eye. I shook Jungkook and gestured him to go to that stall with me.

There were mostly old Decor pieces, some old Korean manuscripts, jewellery and various other things. I found a snow globe with an island inside which I assumed was Jeju because that's what it said on the packing. I bought it remembering my mom had asked me to bring a souvenir for her and this seemed perfect. When I payed the cashier money, I looked around for Jungkook and he was standing behind me with something in his hand, analysing it.

"Hey, did you buy anything?" I asked him.I couldn't see what it was that he held because the moment he noticed me he jerked his hand back and stared at me blankly. He quickly recovered and answered me,

" Yea, just a minute. Why don't you go look around and I'll meet you in a minute." I raised my eyebrow at him but just nodded and left.

I went to a book stall and decided buying some books for myself. Books have always been my escape from this cruel world and it's sad realities. Call me a book freak, I don't care. I decided to buy the books that were on my 'books to read' list. I always have a list with myself where I have written names of all the books I'm planning to read.