Chapter 31: Epilogue

Taemin’s POV

Today I’m meeting Eunjin at the same café where she broke my heart twice. 3 years ago after the audition, I went straight to the café with hopes of seeing her that night. I was 4 hours early because I was so excited to see her. But after 8 hours of waiting, she didn’t come. Today I came in an hour early. Eunjin came at exactly 4pm. She looks awesome in a black dress and boots. She wears her hair down with a few curls at the end.

She smiled when she noticed me. “Did you wait long?” she asked. I shook my head. I didn’t want her to know that I came early. She might tease me for being too excited over our first date after a very long time.

We called the maître d' so we can order. When the waiter came he was carrying a familiar box wrapped in ribbon. “Sir, you left this the last time you were here.” I stared at the familiar small box not knowing what to do with it. It was, after all, intentional on my part when I left the gift on that café months ago. When I looked at Eunjin, she was staring at me with curiosity.

“Thank you,” I told the maître d'. Then we both gave our orders.  When the waiter left I gave the box to Eunjin and her face showed a look of total confusion.

“I was supposed to give it to you on the day when we broke up but I wasn’t able to.” Eunjin nodded with understanding then she opened the box revealing the necklace that I thought would be really perfect on her. She stared at the gift with happiness. “Taemin, put it on me.” She said with excitement.

I complied. When I was done, I studied her and she was beaming wide. The necklace looked perfect just like how I expected it would be.

--------------------------------------------

Eunjin’s POV

Taemin took me to a rooftop garden where we can watch the stars. It was a little dark but the darkness doesn’t scare me anymore. Taemin is here with me so there’s nothing to be afraid of.

I stared at the night sky. "It used to be so pretty," I said.

"It still is,” Taemin said.

I shook my head. "For some it is but not for me… not anymore."

“Wae?” he asked.

“It reminds me of that night.”

He sighed. “Don't think about the past anymore. Don't let it trap you like it did to me."

I couldn’t say anything. I knew Taemin was right but I still couldn’t get over the fact that it was my fault that we had to be caught in the middle of all those mess. “Look," Taemin said forcing me to look up at the sky.

"You used to say you like the stars because they shine so beautifully. They look so small from here but in reality they are way much bigger than they look.”

“That’s the exact reason why we are called SHINee.” he explained. I looked at him with unbelieving eyes. “Wae? You don’t believe that it was my idea?” he demanded.

I smiled and shook my head. “I really thought you were going to fall for it.” He said and I let out a soft laugh.

He came closer and sat beside me. He draped his right arm around my shoulder and I realized I was shivering. Taemin’s arms offered warmth despite the chill the evening breeze brings. I leaned my head on his shoulder and his grip on my arm tightened. His wrapped his other arm around me as well and gave me a tight hug.

“Taemin... thank you... for not giving up on me, for being so patient, for looking for me this whole time, for being here with me right now... and for being alive.” I felt his arms tightened around me and believe me it feels really wonderful being wrapped in the arms of the person you love.

I will never get tired of loving him… even if it was painful… even if it felt like going through hell and back… it didn’t matter though because right now being with him feels like I’ve got a glimpse of heaven. With the way his arms wrapped around my shoulders and his lips touching mine, I realized I have everything I could ever ask for that even if I die at that moment I would die a happy person.

After that night, we lived the rest of our lives in a kind of bliss that I didn’t imagine would have been possible. It’s like being away from home in a very long time and coming back just now. There was a sense of accomplishment and complete happiness. Of course there are occasional fights and misunderstandings but it doesn’t last long. We love each other and that’s all that matters. Besides, we've already been through the worst and I don’t think we will ever experience something worse than that. I’m just glad I was able to live the rest of my life with the person I love.