Chapter 4: Visit

Pretty silly, right? After all the hoping and wishing he would finally show up and now that he did, she shut the door on his face. Yeah, she is that stupid.

"Hey!" Taemin complained when she suddenly slammed the door shut. He was so convinced that Eunjin really hates him now. He wanted to talk to her even just for a while but Eunjin didn’t want to see him at all. She shut the door before he could even say anything.

Although it’s not surprising since she literally forced himself into her, claimed he’s her boyfriend when she didn’t seem to have any idea, kissed her without warning and not showing up for weeks afterwards, and now coming to her house uninvited. When she shut the door on his face he thought he definitely deserved it.

She’s still as beautiful as the last time he saw her. For a second there, he felt his heart beating fast. "Eunjin-ah... Can I talk to you?" He asked knowing she was just behind the door.

She didn’t reply. She didn’t know what to say. The kiss they shared a few weeks ago replayed in her mind and she knew her face is as red as a tomato right now and she didn’t want him to witness that embarrassing side of her. So no, she’s not going to open the door no matter how much she wanted to see his face.

She stayed behind the door leaning against it afraid her knees won’t be able to hold her weight much longer.

"Please, let's talk. I can't stay long," she heard him say again. She couldn't face him and yet she didn’t want him to leave either. She was afraid that if she continued to ignore him he will leave again and this time for good, so before she could change her mind, she mustered up her courage and decided to open the door.

He smiled at her as if she didn't try something as rude as shutting the door on his face.

When she opened the door, Taemin saw how her cheeks turned into a crimson red. She looks so pretty in a yellow dress and she looked as if she just went out of the shower. She smells nice and sweet. One thing he likes about Eunjin, she looks so pretty in whatever she wears and even without any make up on.

"What do you want?" she complained. He thought, how cute.

Eunjin was thankful her sister isn't home. She can already picture out the look on her face once she sees Taemin at their front door.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"No." she simply said. She’s not sure why she’s angry at him. She just know she is.

"Are you mad because I didn't see you sooner?" Was that it? God, he knows her better than she thought, even better than she knows herself.

"Of course not," she lied.

He gave her an all knowing smile and she made a mental note convincing herself that she doesn’t like it a bit. "Let’s have lunch. I know a restaurant not far from here." Is he actually suggesting a date?

"Just go, Taemin. I don't want to see you again."

He turned serious all of a sudden "Do you really mean that?" The thought of Eunjin never wanting to see him again worried him a bit but then he realized she probably didn’t mean any of it. She’s still angry but at least the fact that she faced him now means she’s still willing to give him a chance.

Eunjin couldn’t say anything. Of course she didn't mean any of it but her pride just wouldn't let her admit it. But she realized she probably wears her heart on her sleeves because Taemin knew what she was thinking even without her saying a word.

"No, I guess you don’t," he said before giving her a heart-stopping smile. “And even if you do, I don’t give up easily. So you’re stuck with me whether you like or not.”

Eunjin realized she was beginning to like his smile. Maybe she’s beginning to like everything about him. The way how his lips curve into a smile, how he makes her heart flutter by just saying her name, his habit of always speaking his mind, and even his never ending persistence. She realized she really do like him after all.

He came closer until their faces are only inches apart. That’s when she noticed for the first time the dark circles around his eyes, indicating the long hours of sleepless nights probably from working late. She couldn’t help but feel worried. Is he taking care of himself? Or is he working himself to death? She wanted to ask but she didn’t because she didn’t want to sound like a real girlfriend. She was still not convinced any of this is real.

Then he asked, “Can I kiss you?”

-----

“Can I kiss you?”

She laughed. "No. we’re not supposed to kiss because it’s wrong. We’re still young. When we grow up you can kiss me."

He pouted. She could tell he was really disappointed.

“But you can hold my hand,” she said.

He brightened up instantly. “Can I really?”

She smiled at him and said, “Yes.” Then they walked side by side while holding each other’s hands.

-----

A memory? She was not really sure what it was but it made her stop for a second. She couldn’t see his face clearly but the sound of his voice was so familiar that it gave her a warm feeling almost like longing. Her head seems to be having a hard time sorting out her memories that she could no longer differentiate reality from dreams. If it actually happened in the past she couldn’t tell.

“Eunjin-ah?” She was so lost in thought that she didn’t notice Taemin calling her name. When she faced him again she noticed the worried expression on his face. “Are you ok?”

“S-sorry… What was it?”

“I said can I kiss you?”

Now he’s asking permission for kissing her when he practically stole her first kiss. How ironic is that? Just thinking about Lee Taemin kissing her again makes her feel weak in the knees and she definitely didn’t want to embarrass herself so she said, “No.”

Taemin looked disappointed but he still gave her a smile telling her he understood. He asked for permission this time because he didn’t want Eunjin to hate him more than she already does. When she refused he was really disappointed. But then he realized he should take things slowly if he wanted to change her feelings towards him.

 “Let me just give you a hug then.” He couldn’t help it. He missed everything about her but this will do for now.

Before she could refuse he already pulled her in a tight hug and Eunjin found herself hugging him back. They stayed that way for quite a while.

When he finally let go he said, “I’ll be back ok?” He already waited this long.  He could definitely wait a little bit more. Perhaps another few days, weeks or months wouldn’t make any difference.

She nodded while desperately trying to calm my heart which seems to be freaking out from the mere sight of him. He said goodbye and the next moment he was gone leaving her frustrated thinking she already starting to miss him when it’s not even a minute since he left.