Chapter 20: Preparing for a Date

Taemin’s POV

I’ve been sick for the last couple of days. I caught a flu and therefore did nothing but lie down in bed all day. It was so boring but Key hyung never allows me to go anywhere.

I missed Eunjin but meeting her is out of the question. She might catch the flu as well so I have to stay away. I kept sending her messages apologizing for not meeting her lately. I promised to meet her in a week time and hopefully I’ll feel better by then.

A few weeks ago Eunjin asked me if we’ve known each other for a long time. I hate lying to Eunjin but she left me with no choice. The truth hurts more than the lie would so I decided to stick with the lie hoping she wouldn’t see through it.

Sometimes I wish I can just forget everything just like she did. But then I realized that if I did, all the wonderful things that happened will be forgotten as well. I would rather remember everything and live in pain than forget all the memories we had together including the happy ones.

I tried to call her this morning but she never picks up. I sent her a message instead. I hope it will cheer her up even just a bit.

"Mianhae Eunjin-ah. I hope you’re ok. I can't meet you again today. We have schedules again. I miss you.”

Key hyung came in and grabbed the phone from my hands. It happened so fast that I couldn’t do anything to stop him.

“Yah! Why are you lying to Eunjin?” he demanded when he was able to read the contents of my message.

“I don’t want her to know I caught a flu. It’s so not cool.” I explained.

“Aigoo… this kid really…”

Onew hyung came in as well, then Minho and Jonghyun followed next. The next moment I realized that everyone is now in my room. Sometimes I hate it when they barge in my room uninvited.

“You know, if you tell her you’re sick maybe she will come over and take care of you.” Minho suggested.

“I like the idea but no thanks. I don’t want her to worry. Besides if she comes over she might also catch the flu.” I did consider the idea and for a while I was wondering whether she will come or not. In the end I decided not to tell her.

“Fine. Get well soon, ok?” Minho said before they all left to give me time to rest.

---------------

After a few days of rest, I felt better. I miss Eunjin so much and I wanted to make it up to her by buying her something special. With excitement building up inside of me I gave Eunjin a call. Thankfully she picked up.

“Eunjin-ah. Do you have time to spare today?” I asked with enthusiasm apparent in my voice.

“Yes,” she replied

“Great! Let’s meet.” I heard a short pause before she said, “Ok.”

“Remember the café where we were supposed to meet 3 years ago? Meet me there tonight at 8.”

“Ok.” She said before she hung up.

Afterwards, I went to the jewelry store to look for the best gift for Eunjin. I found this very pretty black necklace made of alloy, crystal and pearl with a violin and piano keys pendant. The moment I saw it I knew it will be perfect for Eunjin. After paying for the necklace I received a call from an unknown number.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Lee Taemin-shi, can we meet?” From the sound of her voice I knew instantly who it was.