Chapter 30: The Mini-Concert

Eunjin’s POV

조심스레 한숨이 날 짓눌러왔어 잠들지 못하게

I let out a sigh. It weighs on me. I can’t get to sleep

비어버린 내 가슴은 바보 같다 말해 “왜 아프면서 울지도 못해”

My empty heart says I’m a fool “Why don’t you just cry when you’re hurt?”

나를 사랑했던 기억 조금은 힘들어도 하나 둘 흘려 보내는 네 모습에 무너져가

The memory of you loving me. It will not be easy. You try to weave a story. It really hurts me awfully

너무 아름답던 날들이,

Those beautiful days we had

서로 미워했던 시간도 너무 그리워 잊을 수 없어

Those days we hated each other. I just miss everything.  I can’t forget you

Before the end of the song I can already feel hot tears streaming down my face. Even after the song ended, I still couldn’t make the tears stop.

After the song, Taemin went to the middle of the stage then said, “Today is a very special day. Someone really important just came back to my life. Her name is Eunjin and she’s sitting right here in front of me.”

I can feel all eyes on me. If it were other times I would have felt self conscious but this time I don’t care about anything else. It feels as if there is just me and Taemin and no one else in the world. He keeps mesmerizing me as he stared at me with those eyes full of love.

“Yeorobeun, thank you for being part of this special day.” And with that, the mini-concert ended. I could hear cheers coming from the audience. The concert ended but I’m still looking forward to a lot of things. I knew at that instant that I will never have a boring day with Taemin as my boyfriend.

-------------------------------

“What would you have done if we didn’t come?” Jonghyun asked Taemin.

“We will figure something out,” Taemin replied.

I just figured out that everything that happened were part of Taemin’s plans. The other members explained to me that Taemin expected the worst so he asked everyone to do something crazy to attract the attention of the fans. And by something crazy, they came up with the idea of a mini-concert. They all made Taemin promise to take responsibility afterwards because they expected their manager to freak out once he heard the news.

We were now on our way home after a very tiring day. Taemin was still holding my hand. He was smiling which reminded me of the moment when we met at the grocery store and they took me home. Taemin was also holding my hand just like now. I wondered what he was thinking back then.

The news of the mini-concert might have reached my family by now. I’m a little worried of what my mom would do when she finds out. Taemin volunteered to come with me to the house and help me explain everything to my parents. The other members stayed in the car while Taemin and I went inside.

“Eomoni, mianhae... I couldn’t do what you asked of me. Eunjin is my life. I couldn’t just let her go.” Taemin made a 90 degree bow as a greeting to my parents. My dad was just watching all of us and I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. Mom on the other hand doesn’t seem to know what to do. It was the first time I’ve seen my mom with that kind of expression.

“Lee Taemin-shi... I’m sorry for the misunderstandings. It’s just that you didn’t correct me when I made all those accusations so I thought it was really your fault.” My mom said which surprised me.

Soojin then explained that she was the one who told mom the truth of what really happened. I was wondering how Soojin found out but when I saw her holding my diary I understood.

--------------------

We were outside and saying our goodbyes when Taemin said to me, “Eunjin-ah, I’ll see you tomorrow alright?”

“Yah! What do you mean tomorrow? We have a photoshoot tomorrow,” Onew interrupted before I could say anything.

“Can I just skip it hyung?” he pleaded.

“Andwae,” Onew insisted. Taemin pouted like a little kid and it made me smile.

“It’s ok. I’ll see you at the photoshoot,” I told Taemin and he brightened up instantly.

“Chincha?” He asked and I nodded. “I love you Eunjin-ah,” he said before giving me a tight hug.

“I’m your number 1 fan so I’m going to stalk you from now on. Be prepared.” I warned him. He let me go then they all drove home leaving me smiling to myself. That day just became the happiest day of my life.

----------------------

The song I used in this chapter was SHINee’s떠나지못해 (sleepless night). I just found out Changmin from TVXQ (another one of my favorite kpop group besides SHINee) composed this song. Have you seen SHINee’s live performance of this song? If not you should watch it on youtube. They were awesome, believe me ;)