Chapter 7: Treasured Possession

After dropping Eunjin to school Taemin went back to their SHINee schedule. That day is the last day of shooting for their new music video. At 3pm they were finally able to wrap up everything.

After 4 tiresome days and 3 sleepless nights they can finally rest. He had been sending Eunjin messages since that morning but she never replies. He sent her another message before going home.

“How was your day? I hope it’s not as bad as mine. I miss you.”

They took a quick late lunch then went home afterwards. The long awaited rest has finally come. If they could just spend the whole week resting that would be great. Taemin took a nap in the car on the way home. When they arrived home they took turns in taking a shower. He decided to be the first and fortunately no one argued.

When he came out of the bathroom, he saw Minho messing up his things. His hyung was probably looking for something to tease him with. He probably got bored waiting for him to finish taking a bath. He saw him holding something and inspecting it intently. When he noticed what it was he felt a sudden burst of anger. Without a word, he took the thing out of Minho’s hand then he turned to take some clothes off the closet and get dressed.

To his annoyance, Minho didn’t leave. The older boy stared at him, probably waiting for him to say something. And before he knew it, they were already in the middle of a game on who could take the silence longer wherein Minho lost.

“I noticed you never take it off.” He said breaking the silence. “What’s so special about that?” He was referring to the bracelet that Taemin took from him a while ago.

“It’s from someone I used to know,” he said while trying to make Minho realize that he didn’t wanna talk about it. However Taemin probably didn’t get the message across because the first question was followed by another one.

“A girl?”

“Yes.”

“Where is she now?”

“She walked out of my life a long time ago.”

Taemin got dressed quickly and left the room so Minho wouldn’t ask any more questions. He hates it when they ask him things he was not yet ready to talk about.

-------------------

After Taemin took her to school, Eunjin went to her class and listened to the professor in peace. Taemin had been sending her messages and although she had to admit it made her smile like a total fangirl and made my heart flutter, she decided not to reply. She never had a peace of mind ever since Taemin gave her a ride to school. 

While she was in one of her classes, she felt her phone vibrate. When she checked, she saw another message from Taemin.

 “How was your day? I hope it’s not as bad as mine. I miss you.”

The guy is really driving her nuts. How long is he going to keep this up? Saying “I miss you” seemed so easy for him. What’s next? Is he going to tell her he loves her too? Are they really dating? Is this really for real?

She tried to concentrate on what the teacher was saying but it’s not working. She couldn’t get a single thing in her mind other than Lee Taemin. It was annoying and totally frustrating.

She took out her notebook and tried to take down notes but before she knew it she was already writing down the words, “Lee Taemin, I hate you.” She shut her notes a bit too harshly which made one of her classmates glare at her for making too much noise before the girl turned her attention back to the teacher. She tried to do the same but to no avail.