Chapter 8: Classmate

After announcing his presence, Taemin gave the professor a curt bow. "Lee Taemin-shi!" the professor seemed so glad to see him. "I’m glad you were able to make it today. Please have a seat."

She met his eyes and she was pretty sure he saw her although he acted as if he didn't. The seat on her right was empty so she was almost sure he would choose to sit beside her- not that she likes it though. No. But then he surprised her when he took the one which was two seats away on her left. She told herself it’s probably for the best. But somehow she felt rejected and she hates herself for feeling the way she does.

She was not even sure why he was there in her class. If he had known they were classmates he didn’t show any indication and so she really hates him for it. She knew she had been ignoring him but now that he’s the one doing it, suddenly it doesn’t feel right.

Taemin knew Eunjin is attending the same school as he does but he never thought she would actually be in his class. He realized he really is a lucky guy.

That afternoon, after getting dressed and leaving Minho in the room he grabbed the car keys and headed to the door. He decided to wear a simple white shirt, green skinny pants and white sneakers. He didn’t bother to disguise himself because he realized there is no need for it.

“Yah! Taemin-ah… Where are you going?" Onew called after him.

"To school," he replied.

“You don’t have to go to class.” Jonghyun said. Being an idol, he was given special privileges. He need not go to his classes and as long as he passed his exams and do his homeworks, that would be enough. He still comes to class if he has the time. But today, they just finished work and resting would be the best option for him so it was probably weird for his hyungs that he suddenly decided to go to school when he could just skip it for the day.

“Wait, is Eunjin studying in the same school?" Key finally realized the reason why he was dying to get to school.

“Neh.” he admitted with a smile. He still hadn’t told Eunjin that they were studying in the same school. Oh well, she'll figure it out sooner anyway.

"How lucky can you be? Fine… Just don’t take long. You need to rest.”

“Neh.” he promised.

“And take care of yourself.” How many times does Key have to tell him that? Key can be really sweet but he worries about him needlessly. He really is a nagger.

"Neh, eomma…" He decided to tease him a little. "Gotta go."

“Ok.”

"Bring home some chicken will you?" Onew called out to him before he left.

Aigoo… The chicken freak, he thought to himself before getting in the car and driving away.

The class already started before he arrived.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry I’m late.” he said announcing his presence. He could feel Eunjin’s eyes on him. Well everyone seems to be looking at him but Eunjin is the only one who matters.

He tried his best not to look her way but he couldn’t help it. He had to at least look at her for a second because he missed her so much. Well, they just met that morning but still…

When their eyes met he immediately looked away. He feels bad for ignoring her but he just had to. Who knows what SHINee fans might do if they noticed he was giving her special attention. He didn’t want to think about it.

The professor went on and on about some great political thinkers he’s not even interested about. He talked about Plato and Aristotle, whoever those guys are. It had always been the most boring class he had to attend but today it was different because Eunjin is in the same room and he can stare at her all day without even getting tired of it.

He spared her a glance for the fifth time. He had to be careful or else someone might catch him staring at her then put the pieces together and figure out something’s going on with the two of them. He can’t risk it.

Earlier when she first noticed him enter the class she looked surprised and when he chose the seat a bit further from her, her lips pouted into a frown. She looks upset and Taemin knew the exact reason why and he smiled.