Chapter 2: The Shining SHINee

“I’m your what??” she blurted out.

Being with famous people is no fun. One wrong move and people would start noticing. It always begins with curious stares. They tend to wonder if they are actually the real deal or if they are just some kind of look-a-likes. And then soon they would begin to be recognized as celebrities. People will then start coming forward, taking pictures, asking for signatures, and damn it will be chaotic. Eunjin doesn’t want to be caught in the middle of all those chaos.

So when Lee Taemin, the lead dancer of a famous group named SHINee, said, “She’s my girlfriend.” She almost kicked the guy for saying something so careless. Besides the fact that there is no truth in what he just said, it could also mean a scandal if it reaches the wrong ear. Thankfully no one else was close enough to hear a word.

“You’re kidding right?” Key had enough sense to ask the crazy maknae.

“No. I’m not.” Taemin insisted. “She really is my girlfriend.” He turned towards her as if asking her to confirm it.

She didn’t. “I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else. I don’t remember ever meeting you.” She feigned confusion trying to convince the guy that he really made a mistake. Unfortunately he wasn’t fooled.

His lips formed a smile almost like a smirk. It was as if he knew what she was trying to pull and he wanted to let her know it’s not working.

Honestly, one of the biggest regrets in her life is not being able to meet him again after that fateful day so maybe it was really stupid of her now to suddenly deny the fact of ever meeting him when deep in her heart, no matter how impossible it may be, she was actually wishing to see him again someday.

But now that he was standing right in front of her she realized the feeling is too much for her heart to handle. No one can really blame her for behaving like a jerk. His presence alone is making her heart beat so fast that she’d rather get the hell out of there than stay and endure the feeling.

She can’t stay any longer without making a fool of herself so she did the only thing she could think of- leave. “I’m sorry, I have to go.” She excused herself and without second glance she turned on her heel and started leaving.

However before she could take a step, strong arms grabbed her hand and she was forced to turn back around. Then she found herself facing Taemin again. She stared at the hand that was preventing her from leaving. His grip was loose enough not to inflict pain but tight enough to prevent her from going anywhere.

She met his eyes, her gaze challenging. She didn’t know where she got the courage but at that time she just wanted to leave so desperately. “Please let go.” she said.

"You promised, remember?"  The question didn’t surprise her as much as his statement about them dating but it still surprised her nonetheless. A promise made years ago couldn’t possibly be taken seriously.

Their conversation during that 15-minute long meeting they had replayed in her mind like it only happened yesterday. Every word he uttered and every response she made was stuck in her head but even so she said, “No, I don’t remember.”

It was obviously a lie and he knew it. “You still owe me an apology.”

She rolled her eyes. If there is anyone who needed an apology it was her. She was heart-broken for 3 long years all because the guy couldn’t wait for just 4 freaking hours.

She stared at the hand that was preventing her from leaving then her gaze shifted back to his face. He looked as if he was still waiting for an apology. But she’s not planning on giving it to him. She was determined to play the role of a stranger. “I have no idea what you’re trying say.”