Chapter 12: Falling in Love

"S-someone was shot." she said in between sobs. "The boy was shot." she couldn't see his face but for her to feel as terrible as she do means he's someone special.

Taemin hugged her tight. "Shhhh... It's alright," he said. He started whispering assurances to her telling her it wasn't real.

"No one was shot. It's alright," he said. But she knew it happened. She couldn't explain it but she knew it was real.

Taemin didn't let her go. He kept holding her, making light caresses on her back to calm her down.  It took a while before she finally managed to calm down.

Taemin decided they should leave so they took the earliest bus to Seoul. Taemin had been quiet since they left. He held her hand the entire time and didn't say a word which she was grateful for. If he started asking questions she doesn't think she'll be able to say anything.

It was already late when they reached Seoul. Taemin took her home and when they reached the front gate she couldn't seem to make myself move and say goodbye. "About earlier..." she said trying to explain.

"Tell me when you're ready," he said before pulling her into a tight hug. "Don't let it bother you, ok?"

She hugged her back and with her head buried on his chest, she nodded. He cupped her face and forced her to look at him. But he didn't say anything and just stared at her as if he was trying to memorize her face.

"Thank you," she said because she was really grateful for everything.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked but he changed his mind and said, "Never mind... I won't accept no as an answer anyway." Then slowly, he lowered his head into hers and gave her a really passionate kiss, totally different from the peck he gave her before.

She could feel her knees getting weaker and her sanity slipping with every minute that passes by. She wrapped her arms around his neck while his arms tightened around her waist. His kiss became more insistent and demanding. It's getting harder and harder to breathe but she didn't mind. The feeling that overwhelmed her was too good for her to care about anything else. All that mattered was how it feels like being in Taemin's arms and how soft his lips felt with hers. When he finally pulled back she found herself craving for more. She could tell he feels the same way too. He looked at her with eyes filled with need and longing. He let her go although she can tell it took him a lot of effort to do so.

"Sleep well, Jagiya." The endearment sounded so nice it made her smile.

"Neh. You too."

He smiled then before he left he gave her a peck on the lips which sent butterflies in her stomach for the hundredth time that day.

———-

She waited for Taemin to disappear from her line of sight before she decided to open the door and went inside. She was faced with the smiling face of Soojin. "You met taemin oppa?" she asked.

"How did you know?" she asked.

"That silly look on your face tells everything."

She blushed not because she was caught in the act but because the memory of the kiss earlier still lingers in her mind. "Soojin-ah..." she said desperate to share the happiness she's feeling at the moment.

"Hmmm?" she asked.

"I think I love him." she finally admitted more to herself than to Soojin.

"You just figured it out? Aigoo..." She sighed as if it was a really disappointing thought. "Let me call oppa and tell him you love him." When Soojin picked up her phone and started to dial she panicked. She tried to pry the phone away from her sister but Soojin managed to move away before she could grab the phone from her hands. The next moment they were in a middle of a sibling fight and their mom came in at the right moment with an attempt to stop them both.

"Soojin, stop messing around and do your homework. Eunjin, why did you come home so late? Where have you been?" Their mom asked them both.

Before she can explain Soojin interrupted her and said, "Unnie went on a date with her boyfriend, Taemin oppa."

Their mother gave her a puzzled expression. "Taemin?"

Again Soojin answered for her. "Yeah, the singer Lee Taemin. My sister is dating a celebrity." She ended with a smile which gave her the feeling that being the sister of a celebrity's girlfriend gives her pride.

If Soojin was happy about it, her mom was the exact opposite. She suddenly became so angry, her face turned crimson red. "Break up with him," she said with an unspoken warning that she had to do what she says or else face the consequences.