"Salted caramel is disgusting," Levi said curtly, unimpressed with either option. "And the banana split is-"

"I'll just get both," Hanji interrupted. She shrugged, carelessly throwing the two pints into the cart. She continued to go on with her shopping, leaving Levi there with a twitching brow.

His eyes closed and he released a quivered breath, his anger and frustration vivid. Once he composed himself, he went back to Hanji, going by her side and watching as she pushed the cart into the candy aisle.

"Shouldn't the person who you broke up with be doing this. Not vise verse?" Despite Levi's rhetorical question, Hanji hummed, taking a glance at him.

She gave a shrug, a long sigh escaping as her brown eyes softened. Hanji had barged into Levi's apartment claiming she had broken up with her lover. She seemed oddly bubbly despite going through a breakup she caused.

Levi was also curious as to what had happened between the two. He never really payed attention to when Hanji would speak of her girl—now ex-girlfriend.

Hanji gave a soft sigh, "It's... just better this way, Levi," she responded gravely. The beacon in her eyes had gone down, a soft and depressing look replacing it. It was odd for her to be so serious, especially after she had just got done grinning and laughing.

Levi sensed there was more than she was giving off. The way she hesitated as if searching for a lie to tell to cover up the truth. He turned back to the front, not bothering to push her and pry into her life. If Hanji wanted to inform him when she was fully ready to talk about it, then she would. He would have to just wait and be patient.

He had never met her ex-girlfriend. Despite the two being together for over two years, he was never interested in meeting her. Hanji never mentioned it either, only inviting to go hang out before he always declined, coming up with some sorry excuse he didn't care nor waste effort on. Hanji always went on and on about her girlfriend, which annoyed Levi. It made him care even less about her partner.

"We're still friends, though," Hanji added. Levi didn't bother to look, feeling her grin that was evident on her face. "She was—still is a close friend of mine before everything, and I just want her to be happy."

I'm certain she was happy with you, Levi thought, not being able to comprehend how Hanji didn't understand that.

As much as Levi wanted to ask why the two had spilt, he kept silent. He wanted to keep as distant as possible from her, even if the two were friends. That word was something Levi didn't fully understand. She was someone he spoke on a daily basis to, somehow, she had just managed to pry into his life and made herself at home without giving him a choice. He didn't tell her everything, he mainly insulted her and didn't care about her even though she would tell him of her problems. Levi would give sarcastic remarks, which ended up being advice in his own strange way. It seemed to work.

"Did you even give her an explanation?" Levi inquired, asking the other question that he had been pondering. His dark-blue eyes shifted towards the types of sweets on the shelves. "Or did you just go, 'hey, I'm just going to randomly breakup with you without an explanation, so I have an excuse to bring Levi to the store and bother him' Is that what you did?"

Instead of being offended, Hanji simply gave a small laugh. "I think," she mused, "it's all just a blur. She's pretty understanding and accepted it. Just seemed a bit upset. She took it really well."

Levi only gave a brief nod, not exactly giving her his full undivided attention. His hand ran through his black hair, an irritated sigh slipping his lips. "Are you finished?" he asked curtly, his eyes moving towards the full cart. "You have completely filled the damn cart."

Hanji looked over at it, staring at it in realization. Almost as if she never noticed what she was doing, which she most likely didn't with how often her head was in the clouds. She hummed before looking over at a bag of candy and taking two of that brand. "Yup," she replied, grinning to herself as she pushed the cart.

Levi shook his head, following behind her. "Hope you got actual money to pay for this." He shoved his hands into his pocket, eyeing her as she simply nodded.

Hanji stop pushing the cart at the end of the aisle and threw another bag of candy into it. She shoved her hands into her pockets, mimicking his actions.

"You're so fucking annoying," he grumbled through gritted teeth, doing everything he could to suppress an icy glare he desperately wanted to shoot in her direction.

"Don't be so cold," Hanji whined, glancing at him, trying to be serious before breaking out into a grin. "That's how you're going to be single for the rest of your life."

"I don't need a partner to bring—"

"'Myself happiness" You've already said it so many times, but the real question: are you even happy, Levi?" Hanji looked over at Levi, his own set of eyes looking ahead. The same dull look in them lingered, clearly showing he wasn't. The truth was he wasn't necessarily happy. He just didn't care enough. Levi was the type of person to roam around like a lost ghost.

"Yes."

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

A/N

Starting another book with no time whatsoever, because I couldn't calm my love for Levi and running imagination.

As soon as I saw this picture on Pinterest, the entire photo just slapped me across the face with a book labeled 'Storyline'.

Almost had a stroke when I first saw that.