Silver: Emeralds

"Ruby," I flipped my head over to stare into his eyes. We were on a bench in the park. I couldn't help but wonder if there was something wrong with him. It seems like he's been hiding something and suddenly he's more careless and upfront. I'm not complaining about him, but it just seems strange. "Yes?" I responded looking at his cute freckled face.
"Is something wrong?" He asked with a little smile.
"No, that's kind of what I wanted to ask you."
"Nothings wrong with me. I'm just happy to be with you." His comment forced me to turn away. I looked forward at the trees and crossed my arms. I heard a laugh from Oscar, "O-okay now I know something's wrong."
"Are you hiding something from me Oscar?" I blurted out. Keeping my eyes focused in front of me.
"No."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"That's exactly what someone hiding something would say!" I said laughing and turning to him. I lifted my finger and booped his nose.
"Then I am?" He said with a giggle.
"I KNEW IT!" I pulled my hand away and kept laughing.
"You're just trapping me here!" He started laughing. Though it wasn't long before we stopped and went back to a silence. I turned over to him and stared at his face. Maybe he isn't hiding anything and he's just genuinely happy to be with me. I don't know! Boys are confusing. I still loved this boy though. Oscar was my everything and I was his. I shifted my body so I could lay my head down on his lap and I looked up at his face and he looked down at mine. "Why did you think I was hiding something?" He asked his face shifting to a confused expression.
"Because... I don't know. You've been acting weird lately, suddenly you're happier and upfront about everything."
"I'm happier because I realized how lucky I am to be with you. Even if magic brought us together."
"Yep! You're pretty lucky!" I replied with a stupid grin. Oscar smiled and patted my head before messing up my hair. Again, silence was brought before us. I sat up and stood up and started walking around the bench slowly, "sooo, you're not like dying or anything?" I said with a sheepish giggle, really just trying to mess with him. However, I got a response that confused me. Deathly confused me and frightened me. I stood behind him and I heard a mumble come from him, "-in a way." At Lear's that's all I heard. I leaned my head down next to his ear, "What was that?"
"Oh nothing," he responded while turning his head to look at mine. We were face to face. Nearly touching. I kissed his cheek and then pulled away. I turned my back to him quickly and I felt the wind brush by with my turn and my hair got into my eyes, and my mouth. I made an audible "pttthh" noise and waited for Oscar to tease me but instead all I got was, "Ruby, when did you start making the moves?" I didn't giggle but I smiled. A faint smile. The only thing left on my mind was, "in a way." What did that mean? I can't lose him again. Not after last time. I was about to speak but then I felt a drop of rain hit my head, a few seconds passed, then another. Suddenly I felt hundreds. "I think this is nature's way of telling us to leave." I smiled and started walking down the road ahead of Oscar, "Hey wait!" Oscar chased after me.

-=•=-

My life started taking an ugly turn after the whole "almost being murdered by Cinder" situation. Ruby was upset for a while, I can't blame her. I was upset with myself. Then, like a bomb, Ozpin dropped some information on me. Sure I was upset, but I haven't heard him in a while. Plus, it made me want to enjoy my time Ruby more than anything. Ruby pushed open the two doors and walked through, I kept a tight grip on her hand. She started walking to her room and stopped outside the door, "Oscar, you can let go now." She looked at me and all I could do was stare at her beautiful eyes.
"Oscar?"
"Oh, uh yeah sure." I let go of her hand reluctantly and she opened her door and walked into her room. I followed and shut the door behind me. Ruby sat on the edge of her bed twirling her damp hair with her finger. "Oscar, I'm worried about you."
"Why?"
"Because. You said, 'in a way.'"
"Don't look into it... I was joking." I sat down next to her and grabbed her hand.
"I don't want to lose you again." Ruby looked at me and I saw her face. She was about to burst into tears.
"You can't. You won't. I'm with you forever, by your side."
I wrapped my arms around her and she leaned into my shoulder for a few moments before she pulled away. She looked up at me, "Oscar, I love you. I love you too much."

"I know."

Me too.

Hey! If any of you are super mega nerds like me then go check out Eberrons Black Gem! Its based on a a Dungeons & Dragons campaign!