The White Room

Oscars POV

It had been about a week since Ruby went out of her way to talk to someone, I personally think it has something to do with Qrow and of course Ozpin agrees. Ruby said she was gonna ask Qrow about his 'issue' that I know all about thanks to Ozpin but I couldn't tell Ruby I knew.

Ruby's mom worked with Oz, Qrow, and Raven then Raven left and Summer continued to work for Oz and ended up dying on the field. Qrow and Summer happened to be a bit closer than people think... Qrow's mental state has fallen since then and he began drinking non stop more than he drank with Summer.

I wanted to go talk to Ruby but I don't know if she'd even open her door now. I mean she wouldn't even open up to Yang why would she open up to me? I mean sure we were 'Soulbonded' whatever the hell that means, "Oscar I told you it means your souls are bonded together as one!" Ozpin decided to pop in from nowhere. I just looked at the ceiling, "Okay I get it..." I said out loud forgetting that I was on the couch in the living area.

I looked around and realised no one was here, "Hey Oz do you remember everybody saying that they were leaving?" I questioned in my head fixing my last mistake. I didn't hear an answer for about a minute so I thought that it was a a flat 'no' but either way it didn't matter.

I stood up and the scratchy oak floorboards creaked as my feet shifted against them. I looked at my dusty black boots for a minute before starting my way to Ruby's room. I had the thought of her crying in my head and that hurt me. Just the image of her being sad made me feel more hurt inside than I felt when I was sad myself, which I guarantee is about 65% of the time.

I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder that had the name 'Ruby Rose' imbedded in it. I tried to ignore it and continued walking towards Ruby's door, the creaky floorboards still creaked louder and louder as I started going slower and stomping my feet from the unearthly pain coming from my shoulder. I started gritting my teeth from the pain and almost fell to my knees, I quickly started to rise instead of falling to my knees I needed to talk to Ruby and I wouldn't let a 'little' pain stop me from doing that. I stopped gritting my teeth and walked over to Ruby's door. I curled my hand into a fist and knocked on her door, "H-Hey... Ruby it- it's Oscar..." I felt like I was going limp everything wanted to give up... I felt exhausted, "Oscar... Just continue. Don't give in." Ozpin calmly added to my struggle.

I stood at the door trying my best not to fall to the ground but shaking uncontrollably from trying to keep myself standing, "C-Come in..." I heard Ruby struggle to say. I lifted my shaky hand and tried to open the door, I put my hand around the brass knob and could barley turn it but you could hear it being hit against the wood door from my hand shaking so much. I eventually, after four tries, opened the door and walked in.

The door creaked as I pushed it open. I looked at Ruby she was sitting on her bed and looked in pain. She was shaking like me, she had a hand on her shoulder and was biting her lip. My expression changed from hurt to worried, "Ruby..." I struggled to push out of my mouth as I walked over to her uncontrollably shaking just like her. I left the door open and completely forgot from the pain, before I could get next to her I fell to my knees and passed out my body weighing down like an elephant.

I opened my eyes except I wasn't in real life... I could just feel it, all I saw was white. The pain I'd once felt was gone and was replaced by a calm silence. I lifted myself up and looked around, all I saw was white nothing else... It was scary. I frantically looked around trying to if anyone was there, suddenly Ruby appeared in front of me. Her cute brunette locks of hair with fire red tips flowing as if there was wind. I looked at her with a confused look as she did the same.

"Oscar?" Ruby asked slowly walking closer to me. I looked at her sparkling silver eyes, "Ruby? Do you know where we are?" I started walking toward her noticing my footsteps made no sounds. I took another long look around and then turned back to Ruby, "No... Well I guess we can talk until we get to leave?" She questioned as if asking me to talk to her. I looked at Ruby and put on a small smile before sitting down, she walked over and sat down next to me, "Ruby what's wrong? You haven't talked to anyone in the past week." I looked at her and tilted my head.

Ruby turned her attention to what I think was the floor, "It's Qrow... He won't tell me what's wrong." She frowned and turned away from me. I noticed a tear fall from her face, I grabbed her hand and with my other hand I grabbed her head and turned her face to look at me. I looked into her shiny eyes, "Ruby... It's okay. Qrow's been through a lot, all I can tell you is that... Well you shouldn't have to lock yourself away from the people that care about you just because Qrow won't tell you something." Ruby looked at me and smiled a little before slamming herself against me knocking me down. Her arms were wrapped around me in a hug, "Umm okay?" I said confused why she just randomly hugged me.

Suddenly everything disappeared and I opened my eyes to the brown color of the creaky floorboards. My limbs felt sore hurting me as I pushed myself up onto my knees. I gathered all my strength and stood up. I looked at Ruby, she sat up and looked at me with a smile. Why did my whole body randomly start hurting, "Thanks Oscar...." I heard Ruby suddenly inject. I looked at her, "F-For what?" I was confused I just had a weird fm dream after passing out that's all, but wait why wouldn't Ruby of helped me if I was on the floor?

Ruby just looked down for a moment, "What you said in that white room... Or maybe I was dreaming," I looked at her shocked, "That was real?! I mean... No problem!" I exclaimed. Ruby gave me a tiny smile and said, "I'm gonna get some rest my body aches for some reason." I smiled and left the room, the floorboards creaking along with my loud footsteps. I closed her door and it creaked four times louder than the floorboards.

I walked out to the living area and laid down on one of the couches. I needed some rest to, what was that place? "Oscar? I'm glad your back I couldn't talk to you. You were in a place called 'Sotuįano' it's in an ancient language so I don't know what it means. But I know that place because I've been there." Ozpin suddenly said as calm as usual. I looked at the ceiling and closed my eyes darkness swallowing me whole.