Asking Her

Oscar's POV

I was waiting in the living room on a couch talking to Qrow, "So why are you here?" The crazy drunk said his voice as deep and raspy as always- as always? I didn't know the guy. "I'm here because well... I think, that all of you could help take down Salem especially Ruby. Her silver eyes can help a lot." I said? Did I? I don't think so...
"Mhmm mhm," Qrow just nodded, "Well we can't really-" Qrow was interrupted when Ruby walked in the room.

'Oh no... I don't want to blush in front of her uncle!' I thought asking Ozpin for advice.
'Oscar, just act natural. It is completely normal for this to happen, after all I told you your Soulbonded.' Ozpin responded, 'You haven't told me what that means yet!' I yelled back in my head.

"Hello? Helllooooo???" Qrow started saying while I was staring at Ruby, oh crap I was staring again! "Y-Yeah hey!" I responded to Qrow, "Talking with 'you know who' again?" Qrow whispered over to me. "Uhh y-yeah..." I was still confused about what was going on and how Ozpin was in my head.

Ruby blushed when I was staring at her and she quickly walked back to her room. I was such an idiot I couldn't do that one thing right!

Time Skiiiip!

Oscars POV

I was waiting on the couch with Jaune talking to him about the adventures they all went on. Really I was just waiting for Ruby to ask if she wanted to hang out with me today and maybe go to the park... Alone... With just each other.

Eventually Ruby did walk out and was standing by a table that had cookies on it, a note on the plate of cookies said NO COOKIES FOR RUBY! Jaune looked at Ruby quickly in the middle of our conversation and yelled, "NO! RUBY NO!" She looked sad and started walking away back to her room.

"Hey Ruby! W-Wait!" I yelled pretty loudly but didn't notice because I was nervous. She put her hood up and said, "Y-Yes Oscar?" I didn't know how to respond so I quickly said, "DID YOU WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME TODAY?" I also said this much louder than I should've.

Ruby just looked at the floor and said, "S-Sure I'll go with you today." Jaune just looked at me and whispered, "You have no idea what you've just done..." I went pale. Did I just do something wrong?

"I've gotta get ready I'll be out in a bit!" Ruby said before running back into her room.