Help Me Be Me

Oscars POV
I felt hazy. I couldn't consider anything, how long had it been? I haven't seen Ruby in a while either. What was happening. As I opened my eyes expecting to see a forest with leaves still frozen in place, but it wasn't like that at all. I opened my eyes and saw many people standing over me, "Hello child." One of them said, he had white hair and a green scarf. I jumped backwards and stared at them frightened. "Wh-Who are you?" I got a answer as the man reached out his hand, "Ozpin met us before you. We're here in spirit but you might not be waking from this one kid, it's to severe so Ozpin might take over to make sure you stay alive as long as possible. I'm sorry." I stood shaken by the news, I crumbled to my knees. Would I ever see Ruby again? "But... Ruby... She's okay right! She'll be fine?! Oh she has to though right?!" I brushed my hand through my hair and stood back up tears beginning to form and taking shape. "Oscar-," the man spoke lightly as if not to scare me, "OH! I didn't know you knew my name! I never told you!" I sounded a bit lost, angry, annoyed, and sad. "No no no no! This can't happen! This WONT! I'll kill him. I'll kill me! I'll do whatever I can!" I screamed. The man stepped back, "Oscar calm down. It's always to good to be true." I stomped over to him and held up a fist. "If there's one thing I've learned it's that it's always to good to be true. I'm gonna make sure it isn't this time." As the words left my mouth the man put his hand down onto his fake cane and said, "We're all dead, long dead. Our souls were thrown to the wind. If you think you can save yours I dare you to try." The group turned and disappeared into dust into a wind that wasn't there. I had to do something.

Rubys POV

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping and a feeling of a slow wind. I was back. Back in the only place that made me sick. The place Oscar couldn't leave. I followed a dirt path curtained by leaves and... Snow. It was cold, but it wasn't. I continued to follow the indirect path. I eventually got to a bench, and there he was. Sitting turned the other way. He clearly heard me and turned his head a bit, his eyes. His eyes weren't the same. They were black. Devoid of hope. He smiled, a smile tinged by hatred and sadness. He turned his head back around and I almost fell down but was to curious for my own good. I approached trembling and sat down on the bench. It was cold to the touch. We sat in a cutting silence,
"When I wake up. Promise me... Promise me you won't let me live in pain."
I was shocked,
"Oscar I-"
"DONT! DO NOT 'OSCAR' ME RIGHT NOW IVE TAKEN MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE!"
"But-"
"Ruby. I'm dying. I'm dead."
He looked towards me and instinctively I looked at his face. It was dark, half of his face was fine but he had a eye enveloped in darkness.
"What do you mean?"
"WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE!?"
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay, I'm sorry for yelling. I've just given up and accepted my fate."
"Well I haven't..." I mumbled under my breath.
Oscar looked back down and put out his hand. Something appeared in his hand, blue and red but it looked like a flower. He said something filled with despair, "Someone who wasn't supposed to meet me gave me this. He's from somewhere else, a different time. He said I should use it when it's needed so..." He took a small piece off and squished it then tapped my forehead and I was sitting next to him in the hospital room again.

Authors Note: I know this was short but it's all I got in me right now sorry!