Who Is We?

"If I'm honest... it'll ruin everything." I spoke with my head deep within my hands.
"I'm sure it can't be that bad." I heard her voice respond softly.
"That's what you say to everything. It can't be that bad. I don't think you understand this. I'm not even sure you understand me. I'm not sure you even..." I left the sentence on the edge, like dangling my head off the edge of a cliff.
"Not even..?" She looked at me with a smile. Her red hair reminded me of a fire, a certain fire she had.
"I'm not sure you even... you even... you even love me." I spoke but my voice trembled and my body shook like there was an earthquake, but I was the only one who could feel it. I wanted to melt, I wanted to be away from here. Be away from everywhere, to be... nowhere. Maybe she'd forget about me in what..? A day? Two days? I can't see how I'm important to her in any way. "Well of course I love you." Her face was straight and I looked away from her, I couldn't bare her stare. "Then why do you feel you need to hide things from me?" That left her speechless. A moment passed and I thought she might've stopped talking for now. Of course, I was wrong. "Because I think I ca-." I put my hand up as if screaming- stop before I'm ready to disappear-. I then began talking more stoic than before, "this just seems to be doing more bad than good. Just go get the one you want, I see the way you two are inseparable. I see how you talk to him." She tried to fight back. I didn't let her. I stood up and walked out of the room. Heading to mine, then crying just behind my door.

-=•=-

I woke up feeling rather unprepared for the day. After what I had just witnessed, I didn't want to get up. Sometimes I wondered, what is he thinking? Oscar was the best person I'd ever met. Yet, I still felt that I needed to hide a lot from him. Maybe that's why that whole ordeal in my head was sparked? But how come I saw it from his perspective? I brushed off my own questions and sat up twirling my finger in a lock of my black and red hair. "Hey! Are you in there?" I heard from the other side of my door, it sounded like Oscar. I heard a sequence of three knocks proving it was Oscar, I think. I stood from the end of my bed and walked over to the door still wearing my pajamas. I opened the door and saw Oscar standing in the hall with a smile. "What do you need?" I asked him looking at his eyes quite drowsily. Oscar looked at me and quietly spoke to me, "I just wanted to talk to you. It might seem that this is a bad time however..."
I gave a small giggle, "Something like that."

Despite what he said and what I said, we still talked. We talked for multiple hours. Just about random things and everyone once and a while, each other. "So, Oscar. What do you think about us? Me and you?" Oscar smiled and stared into my eyes. "I think that two is better than one. To sum it up, I think you really bring this thing together." I looked at him confused. I couldn't tell if that was a compliment but it still sounded like one. I wrapped my arms around him and said, "I love you Oscar. But you confuse me." He looked down at me and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you too, but you're more confusing than me."
Our eyes met and he leaned in. He- he kissed me. Right on my lips. I didn't move. I didn't make a sound. I just let him kiss me. I was stunned, this was actually our first real kiss. I was helpless for this little farmer boy.