Sadness At It's Core

Ruby's POV

It's been about two weeks since the attack and Oscar hasn't woken up... I've stayed in my room holed up like a mouse afraid to exit my home because I feared I'd die if I saw Oscar again. It's heartbreaking to see the one you love in pain, Oscar is my love. That won't change. Never.

-=•=-

Qrows POV

I walked into the hospital room where Oscar was currently being held and saw Ruby holding his hand,
"Heh kid I thought you'd never leave your room."
"They don't know what's happening to him Qrow... What if he dies?"
She looked at me with tears in her eyes and a straight sign of terror,
"I'll say kid, you've got the determination just like your mother... And hell if he was truly dying wouldn't you be badly hurt as well?"
"Y-Yeah... Wait how did you know that?"
"I've known Ozpin for a long time Ruby."
"Heh... Guess so..."
She turned back towards Oscar and clenched his hand as if it was the only thing she held dear and I couldn't blame her if it really was but I'd come to realize something... Maybe they were actually Soulbonded... If they were... I guess I wouldn't need to interfere would I?
"So it is true then?"
"What?"
"That your Soulbonded?"
"Y-Yeah"
"So he didn't lie to me... Well I'm sorry to intrude, just keep hope Ruby..."
"I'll try... It's just hard, you wouldn't understand-"
"Ruby, trust me I understand."
I walked out of the room and started drinking from my flask. Did I really know that sadness? It's not the same because I know he'll be okay in the end.
As I neared the staircase at the end of the hall I saw Yang there so I stopped. She walked up to me with a frown, sadness had overcome all of us we all wondered if Oscar would return from this down spiral. I patted her head and said, "Eh... Don't worry kiddo he's fine." Yangs expression changed from sad to depressed. I tilted my head and Yang sighed, "How's Ruby?" I stared at Yang. Ruby was in pain, lots of pain. I couldn't tell Yang how Ruby was feeling, but I couldn't lie. "She'll be fine." After I spoke I wished I never said it. Maybe if I didn't nothing would happen to her ever again, I'm just the bad luck that plagues her though... A parasite.

-=•=-

Ruby's POV

I fell asleep at Oscars bedside, again. Every time my eyes shut I'd wish I wasn't here, I hurt people around me... That's all I've done. Suddenly I saw trees and orange leaves falling to gently touch the fluffy grass. I started walking forward past the trees through this small dirt path, when I reached the end I saw the bench... It had OP x RR engraved roughly in the middle of it. I walked over to it and stared down at the writing, "Why am I dreaming this." I asked myself before being grabbed from behind and seeing a head come over my shoulder, it was Oscar. "Don't think like that, you don't hurt everyone around you... Look at me. Okay bad example, but I mean I'm happy." He spoke and his words sounded heavenly to my damaged mind. I turned myself around and hugged him as tight as I could, "Oscar!" I screeched as glassy rivers formed from my eyes. I felt his arms wrap around my back and then I smiled, but still totally cried all over him. Then I heard his gentle voice again, "Don't cry Ruby," I tried to speak but it was sort of a mumble, "I thought I lost you..." He kissed my head and said, "You can't lose me." I let go of him and he did the same. I backed away and stood there arms by my side examining him top to bottom, the anguish I had felt left me breathless but now he was here. He had scratches in his clothes that I didn't even notice until now, his face had scars, and he looked more damaged than ever. After witnessing all this I blocked my vision with my hands and spoke quietly, "I'm so sorry. I never wanted this." He stepped forward and began to reach his hand out but I put mine out and said, "No please don't..." He grabbed my hand and I looked up at him, taking my head out of it's hand cradle and said, "Oscar I don't want you to get hurt because of me." He took a look around and then looked back at me and wiped my tears away, "It's okay... I love you. We'll be fine. Trust me." He stated. It was hard to trust him, how was it going to be okay? He almost died to Cinder and we have to fight Salem. I loved him but this wasn't going to be easy. My vision went dark and I woke up next to Oscar holding his hand again, he was asleep still but he was smiling. Maybe that wasn't a dream...

Authors note: I'm back! Bet you didn't miss me!