My Light

I heard the commotion that went down in the living room almost an hour ago. Oscar still hasn't returned. I was sitting in my bed now looking out a window noticing the bright outside world. Oscar was somewhere within that mess. Within the city, alone. He'd ran away. Kind of wimpy if you'd of asked me, but I'm the one in love with him so what does that say about me? Still, I can't believe he'd run away like that especially after we just got him back. I know what Yang said, I know what he said. Still he shouldn't have run. I felt a vibration on my bed by my legs, I looked over and saw my scroll lying on the bed, lit up with a screen of messages. I grabbed my scroll slowly and looked at the bright screen. All the messages were from Oscar. He wants me to meet him at the park. At our bench. But why would I go there? I'm not sure I know how I feel about him anyway. I swiped my finger across the screen, clearing all the messages and then putting the scroll to my side. A few minutes passed where I was left in silence to which I laid down on my back and turned over to my side on my bed. I heard more buzzes from my scroll so I sighed and read them. He still asked, worried he'd never stop or that he might be in danger I stood up and began walking to the park.

It took my almost twenty minutes to pass through the bustling streets to get to Oscar. Eventually, however, I did arrive at the bench in the park where Oscar sat staring into the unknown. I sat down next to him and we stayed silent before I broke the chain, "Do you really think nobody thinks about how you feel?" Oscar stayed quiet as I turned my head to look at him, a minute passed before he'd do the same. "Well, it feels that way." He rubbed the back of his neck and I lightly hit him on the shoulder, "You know I think about your feelings." He didn't break his straight face even for a second. "Sometimes, I wish I could start a war against everyone." I giggled at the thought, "and then why's that? Mr. Tuff Guy?" He smiled for a moment before it again faded and he said rather seriously, "So everyone could see what I'm fighting for. You don't even see it. I've wanted you to for a while. But now I'm left here being the harshly judged. Why? I want you all to know what I'm fighting for, why I bleed with all of you." He frowned and I saw the tears swelling in his eyes, "Oscar," I wrapped my arms around him and put my head on his chest, "what are you fighting for?" I asked already knowing the answer. "Us." That's all he said. Which isn't what I was expecting from this crybaby. I squeezed him tighter nonetheless.