Ruby's Problem

Oscars POV

I was sitting on the couch in the living room where we were staying. I didn't feel to great after Qrow came barging in my room so I just sat on the couch and ended up falling asleep again. When I woke up I noticed that everyone had left, probably to train or something. I stared at the tan-orangish lightbulb, it's glow mesmerising me. The door opened but I didn't pay attention I just kept looking at the lightbulb lost in my train of thought.

As I looked at the lightbulb I thought about people with their own positive glow. I thought of Ruby her twinkling silver eyes her brown locks of hair with flames at the end, I thought of flames because that's what it reminded me of the burning passion she has and her signature rose. She had a glow... But every glow needs a spark to ignite I wondered what Ruby's spark was. Was it her sister? Was it her mother? Was it Qrow? I had no idea but I thought I'd figure out eventually. Since we were kinda Soulbonded or whatever it was.

I sat there still looking at the bulb, "Heeeeeey Oscar? You there?" I heard a familiar voice call out. I turned over and saw Ruby and she was waving at my face, "H-Huh? Oh y-yeah I'm here! What's up Ruby?" I said with a slight blush because I was staring at a stupid bulb. She looked at me with a smile, "Would... Would you want to come to the café with me, Jaune, Nora, and Ren? We're going in a little bit and I thought I'd ask you..." She said shyly. I looked at her happily and sent her a smile back, "Sure, is Qrow coming?" I joyfully asked. She looked at me with a fake smile, "N-No he's uhh going out to drink." I looked at her confused and stopped smiling.

I stood up and looked at Ruby eye to eye, "Ruby what's wrong?" I exclaimed. I couldn't let her be sad what kind of person would I be to let an angel fall down like that? Oh so she's a real Angel now? I thought to myself and said shut up! To Ozpin, fine. I still had a concerned look on my face as I stared at Ruby. She looked back at me and immediately vanquished her smile, "Nothing, just get ready and I'll meet you outside with everyon-" Ruby started to say as she started walking outside. I ran up behind Ruby and grabbed her arm before she could open the door, "What. Is. Wrong." I asked slowly with a serious face on. She just kept looking straight and said, "Nothing." I knew she was lying. I quickly spun her around so she was looking at me and then I wrapped around her with my arms and cuddled her in an embrace, "Ruby... You can tell me what's wrong..." She cried into my shoulder. I just put my hand on the back of her head, "It's okay Ruby... Your okay... Let's sit down and you can tell me." I said as a quick reaction.

We started walking into my room so no one would see her crying. She sat down on a small couch I had in the room. I pulled up a chair and looked at her as she started talking.

Bet ya don't like me now because of that last sentence so see you next part... Maybe... If your still reading this... Anyway thank you for your continued support and see you later!