Baby(again?)

(Did I get 10 likes? No. But it's fine I'm in a good mood.)

I wake up to the sound of a beeping sound and the awful smell of hospitals. I have an empty feeling in my stomach. Is Ahmed Okay?! I start panicking. As I open eyes I see an impatient Ahmed walking back and forth on the floor and sigh in relief. I know we had gotten in a car accident but I didn't know how bad.

He had stitches, one short one on his forehead and a long one down the bottom of his arm. "Hey Ahmed!" I call out to him with a hoarse voice. He comes to my side quickly.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking and the car was driving fast..." he rambles on and on.

"I'm fine."I reassure him. "Let's go home I hate the smell of hospitals." I try to get up but feel so lightheaded which caused me to fall back down.

"No no no. The doctor said you have to rest at least until the medicine wears off." He tells me.

I look up at him confused. "Medicine? I can't take any medication while I'm pregnant. It can harm the baby." I say starting to panic and put my hand on my stomach.

"I'm so sorry." He says bursting into tears. I don't understand him but for some reason I start crying too. "They said they picked you up and saw blood on your lower region. They assumed you had your period but then saw what they believed to be an the plasma of an unborn child in the first terminal." (Does that make any sense? I felt so proud of my self for writing that. I felt so educated. How he really interpreted it was not at all like this.)

I laugh. I ACTUALLY laugh while the tears are still pouring out of my eyes. "So you're trying to tell me that my baby is dead? Ha. You're kidding right?" I say in denial. He doesn't reply but just shakes his head.

"I'm so sorry." He apologizes again. The tears stopped at this moment.

"It's fine. It's not your fault." I tell him for the hundredth time. "We can always make another baby. This just gives you another reason to push me to sleep with you." I say getting angry for some reason. "Did you do it on purpose? You knew I loved this baby. Did you do it because you knew I would want another one if anything happened to this one?!" I say almost screaming.

"What?! Of course not! I would never do anything to hurt you or the baby." He says crying harder. God I hate it when men cry.

"Oh god. You did it because you didn't want me anymore! Right?!" I say laughing. "You probably thought that you were stuck with me now because I had your baby and you probably didn't want that right?! You wanted to leave me once I brought you to America and the baby was getting in the way right?" He backs away at my last assumption.

"What?" He says not believing what I just said. "I loved that baby more than anything. I was so happy when I found out you were pregnant with my baby. I told you I would NEVER do anything to hurt you or our baby." He takes a deep breath. "I have NEVER thought about leaving you even when you made my life a living hell."

"I made YOUR life like hell?" I laugh in disbelief. "I thought about ending everything when I was with you. I felt like I was already in hell."

He wasn't able to reply since at that moment the same doctor who did me the ultrasound walks in and clears his throat. "I'm sorry to interrupt you guys but we kinda need this room." He says. "So can y'all get dressed and please hurry up. Oh and I'm sorry for your loss." He says then leaves.

I don't talk as I lift myself up still in pain and take off the hospital gown not caring that I'm only in my bra. The blanket covers my lower region which is also bare. I look around for my abaya but don't find it. "Where's my abaya?" I ask him. He looks puzzled for a moment before he answers me.

"It's got blood on it so they threw it away. I got you another one though." He says going to pick up a bag in the corner. "It's not as pretty as the one you were wearing but it will do just fine." He says then throws me the bag not daring to take a step closer.

I open the bag and put on the plain loose abaya over my head hissing in pain. It came with a plain black scarf as well so I put that on. I see my vail is still in tack so I put it on. I force my self out of the bed and look around for my shoes. "They got ripped up. You can wear my sandals though. The doctor only gave me enough money to buy you clothes." He says taking off his sandals. I see he has a cut on the bottom of his foot.

"It's fine. I don't need shoes." I say walking out the door. I almost slip if it wasn't for Ahmed catching me. I don't know if it's because the floor is slippery or because I'm lightheaded that I almost slipped but I'm thankful that he was there.

"Please wear the shoes." He begs me. I shake my head no. "Why? Is it because you like torturing me by being in pain?!" He says getting angry.

"I don't want the cut on your foot to get infected because of the dirty floor. " I say not looking at him even though I know he probably has an embarrassed look.

As soon as we reach the exit, he grabs my arm. "I'm sorry." He says.

"It's fine. We are both at fault." I say as I step out of the door. I then see my grandpa and Ibrahim. I start crying when he comes and hugs me.

"Shh it's fine. It's okay. Come on get in the car." He says as he moves away from the hug and takes my hand as he leads me to the car. I assume we are going in my grandpas car since the car we came in crashed.

My grandpas car is small and only has two rows which can only seat 4 people, 5 at most. Ibrahim opens the door behind I passengers seat. I make a tough decision as I get in. I turn to my uncle who is getting in the seat next to me and hold my hand out stopping him. "Can Ahmed sit next to me instead?" I ask.

He seemed shocked but I saw a small smile on his face. "Of course. He is your husband." He says no signs of sarcasm anywhere in his voice. I force a smile as he goes and takes a seat next to my grandpa. A moment later Ahmed enters the car and sits next to me. He has a small smile on his face as he gets comfortable and then takes my hand in his while not looking at me.

"Ready?" My grandpa ask.

"Yeah." I say and no sooner does he start driving.

"Where do you want us to drop y'all off? Do you want to head up to our place or back to your uncles." My grandpa asks.

"I want to go back to my father-in-law's house." MI say surprising everyone including myself. My grandpa then turns the car around in a which which will be considered an illegal u-turn in America but since we're in Yemen no body cares.

"Are you sure?" Ahmed whispers leaning in towards me. I just nod my head and lean on his shoulder closing my eyes.

***
Next chapter should be uploaded later today or maybe tomorrow.

Like
Share
Comment.
Love y'all

Oh and happy Mother's Day!!